Frost free hose bibs-Can they throttle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigjimmy

Reaction score
So I am super confused and I'm looking for a bit of help.

We have one existing hose bib on our house and it is located on the side of the house which is inconvenient as we typically connect the hose for providing water to either front or rear of the property. As such and because we are getting ready to redo all of the stucco on the house, I want to install new frost-free bibs on the house where it makes sense to locate them.

The existing valve is a globe type (I believe) and we can adjust it to throttle the correct amount of flow to the sprinkler. When looking at the frost-free types, most are either quarter or half-turn and sound like they use ball valves which as most know, are not designed for throttling.

Perhaps I am using the wrong search terms/text. Could someone recommend a FF valve (preferably with anti-siphon) that can be used to throttle the flow?

Thanks in advance!
Jimmy

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks