Front lawn well ... can I fertilize my lawn

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigal41

Reaction score
I have a well on my front lawn ... but the grass could def use a shot of fertilizer ... should I worry about that leaching into my water supply? Is there a fertilizer that I can use ?

Reach4

Reaction score
Assuming the well is not defective, no special precautions are needed.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
The Florida Best Management Practices Certificate, required for professional landscape companies that sell fertilizer applications has about three basic rules for fertilizing. Do not over fertilize, keep granduals off of sidewalks and streets (sweep up or blow back onto the grass), AND the big one, do not over water that causes run off.
The first number of the fertilizer basic three chemical makeup is nitrogen. Nitrogen does not stick to the soil. With over watering it will dissolve faster and run off to the street and into the sewers or streams, etc., or keep going deeper into the ground. Just follow directions on the bag and all is good.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks