french drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Ken Tannenbaum

Reaction score
I have a cement channel which exits from behind my house from which water runs across our septic system. The gutters work fine, the cement was done years ago to further prevent water in the basement and it all works well, except for running water across the septic. I want to ward off future issues.

I began digging a trench beginning where the cement channel is and running across the higher part of the lawn "north" of the septic tank and field, which I want to use to channel the water away from it all. The trench is about 6-8 inches deep X same wide and my question is, what material is best to place in it to create the drain? Plastic? Cloth around gravel?

Thanks! Ken

JLCREMODELING

Reaction score
Website
www.duluthremodeling.com
I would recommend taking garden fabric and line your trench with it. Leave enough to wrap back around the top (3' wide roll should work well) - Use a 3/4" clean gravel for the fill and/or a 4" corrugated drain tile surrounded by the gravel.

The corrugated drain tile will work well and it is manufactured with a liner on it as well.

Good Luck!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks