Freeze up

Users who are viewing this thread

DIY

Reaction score
Only when typing does this freeze up happen. No response to the letters i type in, and no more response to the pointer. Just within the last few days this started. I run defrags. and anti everything on a regular basis. Seems there is a limited time for all typing then freeze,and i have to re boot. Any advice ,or other places i can look into to remedy this. Thanks all and computer gurus!

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I had something similar and cured it by getting a new keyboard. However, my mouse was still working.

Are your mouse and keyboard connected to USB ports or the standard Green and purple ports?

You may want to treat yourself to a new keyboard and a cordless optical mouse. If that doesn't solve the problem, you can always return them.

DIY

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Verde. This maybe a good or bad thing depending on what the problem may be. It's a laptop. I am thinking it might be a windows file that in some cases can be repaired with the right download...

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
I would run spybot S&D. It is a great program. I would remove any anti virus program you are running right now, and install AntiVir. AntiVir is by far the best AntiVirus out. I would give these a try before you do anything.
I want to point out that when Wintrash runs something it takes lots of memory and if there is a bunch of spy ware on your system that could be causing tuns of problems for you. Good Luck

DIY

Reaction score
Yep Patrick,I plan on doing some more checking around before any remedy.
Ihave heard a lot of this program is the best to no that one is not so good,so I think my next check will be with Mirosoft and go from there... Thanks for your input.

kkamann

Reaction score
Did this get resolved?

If not...

1) What kind of system are you running (laptop? pc? WinXP?)?
2) Does the keyboard lock up on ANY/EVERY application? or just certain ones?
3) Does the keyboard lockup running Windows in Safe Mode? To run in Safe Mode, reboot PC and press F8 before Windows loads. Then select Safe Mode from the menu.
4) Is the keyboard (if not a laptop) firmly connected to the PC? I know it sounds silly/obvious, but you'd be surprised how often problems are due to poor/loose connections.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks