Freedom 90 pressure switch

Users who are viewing this thread

rjgogo

Reaction score
So I have a Freedom 90 and getting the 3 blinks which says it is a pressure switch issue.
Here is what I have done so far.

Vacuumed the intake and output pipes to make sure there are no debris in the pipe. I also ran an endoscope in as fare as I could and there was nothing I could find.

Cleaned out the little white box where some of the condensation hoses go, took it off and rinsed it out and made sure all the other hoses were clear.

I tried to check the vacuum level at the hose that goes into the pressure switch, I don't have a manometer but I do have a vacuum motorcycle carb sync tool that measure CM of mercury, (it is old). It does not measure on the gauge but it the sensor says it is only .51 WC. So I don't know, but the scientific tongue test on the hose when it is trying to run does not seem to generate much vacuum at all just a tiny bit.

If I start the furnace, then jump the two wires that connect to the pressure switch after I start the furnace, it will run and heat the house, but that is not really a good plan as it won't restart. have to remove the jumper, start, then jump. I guess it looks for the 0 at the start and then wants the connection closed.

I really don't know where to go now. I don't know what else it could be, my next thought is to take the fan out for the exhaust and inspect.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks