Free standing bathtub. Spacing between floor drain and faucet filler

Users who are viewing this thread

Johnssc1

Reaction score
Is there a general rule for spacing between the floor drain and the filler body for a freestanding tub like the one in the picture?

I can't find any dimensional requirements. Its seems obvious that the drain is in front of the faucet, but by how much do you usually offset them?

The floor is open, so anything is possible

Attachments

• 20201008_152139.jpg
    20201008_152139.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 144

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You need to know what you are installing ahead of time so that you can at least have the specs to go by, or have the items on hand works too.
There is nothing standard anymore with the new stand alone tubs and faucets. So many brands, styles and methods that they are going with now.

Last edited:

Johnssc1

Reaction score
shouldnt be hard to find out manufacture spec sheet rough in sheet

Thats what I thought, but all of the ones we looked at only have general instructions and no dimensions, which seems very odd

The wife hasn't decided yet on exactly which one unfortunately. I'm thinking I'll just position the filler body only and drill out then drain later since I have access underneath

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Theres no reason to drill any finished pieces until you have decided which tub and filler you plan on using. Most of what we are using have matching straight stops with pre bent tubing that needs to be in a specific location to work.. Most of the tubes you can't bend because they're brass, not copper and you will not only scratch the finish but break the tube.

Where are you looking up information that you're not finding dimensions? Typically a manufacutres website will have dimensions. And if not.. maybe that's a sign to move on to one that does. The more refined the product is the more information there is and the better that information translates to reality.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks