Franklin pump controller info?

Users who are viewing this thread

low_pressure

Reaction score
Howdy all.... playing with a 2801074915, and seeking to understand what all goes on inside for my own amusement. The problem to be solved is that of a low producing well: I think that, on water demand, the pump should run for a variable length of time, then rest for a variable length of time for the casing to refill, then cycle again. Repeat until the demand is satisfied.

I'm sure there are modules that just plug in and do this, but I'd like to horse with it myself, especially since its not on my well : D !

I haven't found the relevant part of the Franklin site yet; anyone have any URLs for Franklin or others? Thanks.

Speedbump

Reaction score
What you are messing with I think is the Control Box for the pump motor. It only helps the pump motor get started. If you want to time the pumps cycles and running time, you will need a timer of some kind and probably a Relay to control the pumps motor.

Franklin Water Systems

bob...

low_pressure

Reaction score
more Franklin stuff

Great suggestions for the PumpTec and the TRU1; I think together they would do what is needed, but I'm guessing the homeowner will balk at the price :D

Also, my interest is to screw around with the controller box, and I mean that in the nicest possible sense, in that I get to fiddle with it with an eye to making something of my own. If this controller is only doing the starting by switching a cap in the box (I think there were 3 wires down the hole to the pump), it seems amenable to amendment.

I think an adjustable timer running fat triacs or relays is within my grasp: it wouldn't be nearly as slick as the TRU series, but it would be mine. Hey, I'm retired, and I'm driving my wife nuts.

On another front ( and safer for all involved)... what would be a suitable 24vac operated solenoid valve for use in a residential water system?

thanks for your help guys, you are a wonderful resource...

cheers!

Speedbump

Reaction score
I have the one inch sprinkler valve that operates on 24 volt. They are the least expensive. They are less than $30.00.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks