Found a well on my new property

Users who are viewing this thread

gerthy96

Reaction score
I am new to this forum so I apologize in advance if I am not speaking the right language. I recently purchased a piece of land and I stumbled across an old well on the property. I had a well company come out to look at it and they said the PvC pump looked kind of new so it may work. They were suppose to come back out with some sort of pump to test, but they never showed and it's tough to find this service in the area that I am in. I was hoping someone within this forum could help me identify what kind of well this is and what I would need to test this myself? I know this is a large ask, but I appreciate any guidance.

Attachments

• pump.JPG
    pump.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 304

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You will have to pull up on that elbow to see what is down there. If it is only a short piece of pipe it won't be very heavy. But it could have 200' of steel pipe and a pump hanging down there and weigh a ton. Should be able to lift the elbow and well seal with a jack or hoist enough to move it to the side. Then you can see down the well and know more what you are dealing with.

gerthy96

Reaction score
You will have to pull up on that elbow to see what is down there. If it is only a short piece of pipe it won't be very heavy. But it could have 200' of steel pipe and a pump hanging down there and weigh a ton. Should be able to lift the elbow and well seal with a jack or hoist enough to move it to the side. Then you can see down the well and know more what you are dealing with.

Thanks for the reply. I did try to pull on it the a few weekends ago and it's on there pretty good. I'll try to get a jack to see if that will work. thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks