Forgot to glue PVC shower drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Lovescolorado01

Reaction score
My plumber left the final PVC shower drain assembly unglued from the vertical PVC drain line in case the tile guy needed to adjust it when he did the shower base. The tile guy forgot to glue it down before he poured the sloped mortar base. It took him about 6 hours to pour the base and get the slope just right. He said he was standing on the drain when he poured the concrete so thinks it will be fine plus with the mortar holding it in place. It's a dirt crawl space underneath, but has no access to it with the way the house is (not without tunneling a big hole and going through a pressure treated wall to get to it). Should we have him tear out the concrete base and glue the drain before going further, or do you think it will be fine? I hate to have him do all that if it really isn't necessary, but at the same time, I would hate even more to tear up the shower down the road if we had problems with it then. Thoughts on this situation?

Lovescolorado01

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your insight! I'm not exactly sure what type of drain it is since I'm not too good with that stuff. I just know its the kind for rubber liner/mortar base installations. The rubber liner isn't installed yet so I'm going to have him chip it and fix it now before the liner is installed. We're actually looking at using Redguard waterproofing instead of a liner, so it sounds like it shouldn't be too difficult for him to fix the drain at this point. Thanks again! :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks