For the birds: Small compact shower head for kitchen sink faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Melissa2007B

Reaction score
This one is for the birds. :)

Not sure this is the right forum for this, but don't see a better place.

We have 5 parrots here and two of them are small - a lovebird and a cockatiel. I bathe them in a glass pie dish that I put on the center partition between the kitchen sink sides. But they could really use a gentle overhead shower there too.

So what I'd like to find is a small compact shower head that would just screw onto the kitchen sink faucet, instead of the aerator head. I absolutely don't want anything like the ones on the hoses, because that just scares them and they won't bathe then. So it needs to be small and compact, so it would just screw onto the bottom of the existing faucet and give me maybe a 2" diameter shower pattern that I could make very gentle, just by turning down the sink flow.

Melissa2007B

Reaction score
Shower heads fit on 1/2" pipe threads.
A kitchen faucet has entirely different threading.

Thanks Terry. Not sure where to find what we need. Tried Googling: screw-on sink shower -hose
but not seeing anything that looks like it works. With Google, knowing what it's called is 80% of the challenge.

Flapper

Reaction score
Are you looking for something like this?
062e0c2e-9c15-4903-865d-1c41462202d8_400.jpg 5808249b-2df8-4e21-8e9e-55ec6def5352_400.jpg

Flapper

Reaction score
haha :D I think that faucet queen thing is the closest you are going to get
myv1w8QRFdAC3ObYqQZO9lw.jpg
It's about 2-3 inches in diameter at the end.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks