Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
NYC in their wisdom to conserve water paid master plumbers to install 1.5 GPF toilets and install flow restriction in faucets

This turned out to be a gold mine for the plumbing industry and lawyers

The flow restrictors cause lots of scalding incidents so being an expert witness added to my bottom line

The the lack of scouring action in main sewer and waste lines allowed for premature failure do to sulfuric acid fumes and other types of sewer gases

Then there was the stoppages being created

Attachments

• christ1.jpg
    christ1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Christ2.jpg
    Christ2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Christ6.jpg
    Christ6.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
A college in Manhattan contacted me regarding a chronic problem with one leader line constantly backing up

They told me this has been ongoing before 1965 . .

They college called several Roto franchises a dozen plumbing companies and so called drain cleaners and all of them did the exact same thing

when I went to look at the job one of my mechanics said he would try to snake it or water jet the line from the roof drain

I told him "insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expect different results as EVERYONE tried it from the roof"

I told him get some jack hammers and start open the wet column starting about 2 feet off the floor

Low and behind there was a cast iron test tee installed and the installers never bothered to remove the 4" x 3/4" brass reducer

We cut out the tee installed proper clean out and told the college to install an access door

CRAZY how many years this has been going on and not a single contractor though outside the box

Attachments

• College.JPG
    College.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 73
  • college1.JPG
    college1.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 78
  • college2.JPG
    college2.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 69
  • college3.JPG
    college3.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 73

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
NYC in their wisdom to conserve water paid master plumbers to install 1.5 GPF toilets and install flow restriction in faucets.

Around 2007 South Florida Water Management District instituted strict water usage regulations. All local code enforcement agency's were required to issue citations for irrigation watering during the restricted days and times. I myself was fined for using my irrigation well. Neighbors were calling on neighbors, it was crazy. The big problem came about that the water companies revenue dropped so much that everyone of them had to raise the rates to cover the cost. The usage went down and the bills went up and of course when enforcement's were relaxed, the cost of water never went down.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks