Foam gasket needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark Ezrin

Reaction score
Hi,

Probably an unusual request. I've got an old Moen liquid soap dispenser, Model 3910.

I need to reinstall it and the one part that I can't find is what I'd describe as a foam gasket or seal. The original disintegrated after 19 years. It goes between the Brass Escutcheon (see diagram) and the countertop so that when you tighten, it provides a better seal and won't damage the countertop.

Moen has not similar parts available and it isn't even on the parts list/diagram they sent me.

Can I skip this piece and directly attach? Or do you have a suggestion on what I could use in its' place?

I've searched for gaskets, foam or rubber washers, etc. I'm happy to get out the knife and trim something. I just can't locate this little part.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

As always, thank you.

Attachments

• Moen 3910 parts diagram2.png
    Moen 3910 parts diagram2.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 293

Mark Ezrin

Reaction score
Hi Terry. I hope all is well.

Given my skill set, can you think of anything ready made I could buy and cut?

Thanks.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
putty if its stone get the right kind or it will darken the area . dont need a gasket on that that just putty . literaly millions of faucets are installed with just plumbers putty.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks