Flushmate Question for the Pro-Plumbers

Users who are viewing this thread

D

dc_homeplumber

My previous American Standard Cadet with Flushmate had a stainless steel vessel in the tank. I bought it in late '97. I have noticed that the newer Flushmates are made from plastic. I don't know to what extent the pressure builds in the Flushmate, but have any of you professionals out there had any incident of the plastic tank not holding up to the pressure? My worst nightmare is an exploding toilet!!!

k-3505-terrylove-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
tanks that go pop!

I've never heard of the new resin tanks having that problem.
They are also quieter than the stainless tanks.

There were a few rare cases of welds being bad on the stainless tanks.
The tank would lose air and blow the tank lid upward. When the lid came down it could break.

My biggest complaints have been removal of the cartridges when they go bad. Sometimes you can't get them out for replacement.

From an installer point of view, I find that the flow from the tank may be too pin-point and at too great of velocity at times.

It may shred the toilet paper and poop and leave little bits behind after the flush has completed. Plugging has not been a problem, but leaving a clean bowl of water has been an adventure.

I've found I can get the non-plugging performance with out the paper shredding by going to the G-Max style of flush, A 3" gravity flush valve with a 2 1/8" sweeping trapway.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks