Flushmate problem//need help??

Users who are viewing this thread

vw92001

Reaction score
Greetings. i have a flushmate model #14-101526f in an amercian standard toilet..When pushing the handle down it goes down very slowly. Have to use a bucket of water to get it down. I tried plunging..thinking possible blockage. It didn't help. Plus water shoots out of the toilet/tank lid..I believe the water is coming from the discharge extension w/drain....

Any ideas what this could be???? Solutions??

thxs

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You should not be getting water inside the tank on flush. At the very least, you would need to replace the flush cartridge. This would probably fix the problem. And if you are dumping pressure inside the tank, this would account for the poor flush.

vw92001

Reaction score
Would the flush cartridge really be the problem? I looked at the toilet while flushing it and the water looks like it coming out of the black tank somewhere on the bottom. Flushmate told me that the discharge extension could be worn/bad. Does this sound correct?

I think the only reason the flush is weaker is because some of the water is leaking out of the discharge extension. Have you heard of this before? Do you think I have to seperate the two pieces of the toilet to change the discharge extension?

Thanks !

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Could be, but the cartridge seals off the discharge extension during flush, so since it is easier to replace the cartridge, I suggest trying that first.

Dude

Reaction score
vw92001 said:
Would the flush cartridge really be the problem? I looked at the toilet while flushing it and the water looks like it coming out of the black tank somewhere on the bottom. Flushmate told me that the discharge extension could be worn/bad. Does this sound correct?

I think the only reason the flush is weaker is because some of the water is leaking out of the discharge extension. Have you heard of this before? Do you think I have to seperate the two pieces of the toilet to change the discharge extension?

Thanks !

Unless this Flushmate is several years old or experienced severe chemical degradation , it's unlikely that the cartridge is an issue. If the china holding tank is properly installed the leak is most likely originating from the flapper in the discharge extension or the interface between the discharge extension and the Flushmate tank. Either is possible; neither are common.

The Flushmate Technician should be able to identify the cause and provide a resolution.

It may not be possible to replace the discharge extension only but the Flushmate Tech can clarify this. Under the circumstances, they will probably want to replace the entire Flushmate and retrieve yours for conffirmation of the diagnosis, etc. Either way, it is necessary to unbolt the china holding atnk and remove the Flushmate. It's pretty simple; there are only two plastic locknuts holding it in place.

Hope this answers your questions, better late than never I suppose.

D.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks