Flushmate delay and humming noise

Users who are viewing this thread

marainwa

Reaction score
I have a 2 year old Sloan Flushmate and have not had any problems with it until now. Lately when i flush it, I have to hold down the handle longer than normal is it makes a loud whining noise, sometimes deep humming noise, then finally flushes. It does this just about every time now. Any ideas on fixing this? Thanks!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

Having to hold the handle down is usually a sign that the "air bubble" in the tank is gone so you are flushing only with the incoming water pressure and volume which is not enough to give a proper flush. The humming is the sound of the water flowing to perform the flush. Normally it would be refilling the tank pressure unit.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

It depends on the toilet, but usually you remove the Flushmate actuator and allow all the water to drain out of the tank, then replace the unit.

marainwa

Reaction score
I called sloan and they are sending out a new actuator for free...sounds like thats what the problem is...thanks for the help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks