Flushing pipes maintenance

Users who are viewing this thread

Stephanie88

Reaction score
Hi--I live in an apartment building and received notice that they are coming to flush the pipes/drains next week. They said that people on the first and second floors (not me) need to put stoppers in all their sinks that day, and that they may need access to some apartments. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what this maintenance involves. If they come into my apartment, what would they have to likely do?

I know this sounds like a trivial question, but they've just been doing so much maintenance over the past few months, I'm sick of having people come into my apartment to do major jobs. I know maintenance is good and necessary, but it's just been a bit excessive lately, so I'm sort of stressed out/frustrated.

Thanks so much for any answers!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
If they did not do maintenance you might have more to complain about when there was a major problem requiring a total shut down of the system for a complete replacement. Most folks complain for lack of maintenance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks