Flushed water tank, all things good, except both toilets now flush with extra symphony

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
After flushing the hot water tank, all sinks, showers are fine, no spitting. However, both toilets flush normally but on refill somethings not right, some kind of venting issue with the toilet on both floors. Thanks for any advice.

Jthurm

Reaction score
If the toilet lines are spitting, it probably indicates air in the lines and will just take a bit to clear the air out.

Jthurm

Reaction score
I'm no plumber, just a DIY-er, but here's what I would do.

1) Shut off the water running to the toilet tank. There should be a valve near the toilet.
2) Disconnect the water line at the tank (not the valve side).
3) Aim the water line into a bucket and turn the valve one. Let the water run until it no longer spits.

If the problem is air in the line, that should clear it out.

Reaction score
I'm no plumber, just a DIY-er, but here's what I would do.

1) Shut off the water running to the toilet tank. There should be a valve near the toilet.
2) Disconnect the water line at the tank (not the valve side).
3) Aim the water line into a bucket and turn the valve one. Let the water run until it no longer spits.

If the problem is air in the line, that should clear it out.
A DYI-er? Funny thing about that. I have a lot. Without the skills I’ve developed there’s no way I could. Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks