Flush seems weak (video)

Users who are viewing this thread

NavySuit

Reaction score
This is at a property I'm renovating. It is the existing toilet. I used a snake to try to clear any clogs. It seems like the flush isn't very powerful. Is it just the toilet, or is there something else going on?

Last edited:

ToiletEnthusiast

Not a plumber, just a plumbing enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems as though there just isn’t enough water being used in the flush, or maybe there’s a clog in the siphon jet at the bottom of the bowl. A new flapper or just adjusting the fill valve to raise the water level may help.

P.S: I know nobody really cares, but I think this is a late 70s-mid 80s Universal-Rundle toilet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
[QUOTE="toiletenthusiast, post: 549627, member: 74540"
P.S: I know nobody really cares, but I think this is a late 70s-mid 80s Universal-Rundle toilet.[/QUOTE]

It does look to be very old. Almost any new toilet would work so much better than that.

NavySuit

Reaction score
The house was built in 71. I believe it is a Universal-Rundle toilet. Is that a bad thing? Should I just go ahead and replace it?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks