Fluidmaster Silicone seals blistering

Users who are viewing this thread

dellphinus

Reaction score
Greetings,
I'm trying to find out just how widespread, and if there is an alternative gasket available, for FM 3 inch silicone flapper gaskets. I've gone through 5 of these in the last several years, in toilets on city water, and without the use of in tank cleaners. The seals develop blisters on the surfaces, which are big enough to prevent the flapper from sealing. There are quite a few similar reports on the FM product comment pages. And I did notice Terry mentioned "others are reporting" in one thread, but could find nothing else after an hour's search. All FM does is send new seals, same material, same design, no explanation.
So, how many others out there have seen this, and is there a better replacement (either seal, or complete flapper) that doesn't exhibit this blistering? I'm semi-convinced its due to the material (silicone), but could be wrong. Really not much else it could be- one piece molded seal.
Have looked online a little, but not really seriously until now. Who should I look to? Korky?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks