Fluidmaster Pro Series Fill valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Now that they have been out for a short while has anyone used them and what do you think.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
whats the difference anyway???

we have gotten them and used maybe

150 of them....... I dont really see that much

difference except the color of the box....

I prefer the spring tension type water adjustment

over this screw type adjsuter that they now presently have

but it seems to still be ok....

why tamper with perfection.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Fm

As the pundit once asked, "Why is Mr. Clean coming out with a new improved version? Wouldn't you think the competition would be doing that to catch up?" Some engineer could not think of anything else to mess up, so he decided to "improve" the 400A. One thing about the Pro that I am not sure about is the "flow restrictor" in the shank, like the one in Kohler's version. It reduces the flow and the noise, but may swell up and block the flow the way Kohler's do.

TedL

Reaction score
I think the impetus came from the marketing department (not engineering), looking for a product they would only sell through plumbing supply houses, not retailers, and market to plumbers on that basis. A little like Wolverine.

Look at he ads...

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
The new 400A's I've been getting from my supplier are all written in meh hi co and

I like the hold down nuts, it's about time they made one with tabs to turn.

I don't mind the turnscrew adjustment, keeps my hands out of the water, not that it matters.

I nearly pitch all those clips for the overflow tube; puts a kink in the tube when you use them no matter how low the tube sets. They should of made that piece with two ports; one perpendicular and one straight down with a thread top to put a cap on the one not in use.

The 400A's for plumbers only was around $9 something and I wasn't interested. I can't see where a brass shank makes any difference; never had a 400A snap at those threads. Now if they are longer to work better for those thick tanks, I might buy a few for the old douglas-leader tanks.

Solsacre

Plumber
Reaction score
I like the old ones better... Only because of what they say about old dogs...

I like the fact that they address the problem of the 1/100 chance of siphoning out the tank with the tube too low.... but you could easily modify the old one to solve the same problem.....

too many plastic parts for me....

but no diffrence... just different.

dances-with-pumps

Last edited by a moderator:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The parts house told me that the plastic was more chemical resistant than the 400As.

I told him I had never had a problem with that.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
400a

I liked the old ones with the metal clip, if for not other reason that you could buy replacement caps. I haven't seen any for the new plastic rod version. Let's see how long it is before they stop making the DIY version and start selling the "red caps" to everyone.

Cal

In the Trades
Reaction score
I like the new ones very much ! Like the brass shank , LOVE the fact that ( for now) Plumbers are the only ones who can get 'em !

Feels like a little victory over the big box stores.

Cal

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I love Fluidmaster just like most other folks. I have seen hairline cracks in the shanks, caused I assume by someone overtightening the nut. I always go hand tight with my gorilla paw, and half turn with pliers. Seems to be just right.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks