Flow Inducing Sleeve in very shallow well

Users who are viewing this thread

TeeTime

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 10 foot well and only 4 feet of water that is consistant. All my neighbors have external high pressure pumps that work fine, but I wanted to use a submersible pump.

I'm a little worried about the water level and the heat. I would like to use a inducing sleeve. My well is 6 inches with a 4inch submersible. If I use a 5inch sleeve does this effect my GPM in a six inch welll? I need to sustain the required GPM to water my lawn. The pump exceeds the requirements, but I don't know if the sleeve reduces GPM.

Also, I obviously can't put the sleeve end directly on the bottom of the well. What options do I have, can I anchor it to the well wall or add a brick down there? Would 6inches be enough room for the sleeve to be above the ground.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I would make a sleeve out of 4" thin wall (100#) pipe. Then use pipe wrap tape to seal the pie shape wedges under the hose clamp. It needs to be held about 6" off the bottom of the well. But you need to hang it from the drop pipe so it is 6" off the bottom. Don't set the pump down on something. And no, a 4" should or sleeve doesn't restrict the flow until about 60 GPM.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks