flow inducer sleeve question...

Users who are viewing this thread

T_Allen

Reaction score
I have a 120' well with static water standing at 50'. my well screen is set 120' to 60'
My casing size is 6" PVC 0.020 screen and I have 100+ gpm yield but do not know the draw down.

I would like to install a 55gs50 Gould pump that would yield roughly 72 gpm at 40 psi from 60'.

I would imagine the draw down would be atleast 10 ft, so the question I have is should I run a flow inducer sleeve since
the pump will be setting in the well screen, and if so, what would be a good choice for a flow inducer sleeve?

I know there is very little clearance between a 4" pump and 4" pvc,
but if I were to use c900 dr24 would I have enough flow area to
pull the 72 gpm?

If I were to use 5" PVC would there be enough clearance between it and the casing?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A 4" shroud will start restricting flow at about 60 GPM. You really need a 5" shroud for that pump, and yes there is plenty of room between the 6" casing and 5" shroud for that flow rate. I always use a shroud when I can, and especially when setting the pump down in the perforations.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks