Floor Water Supply - What Toilet Options Are Best?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tom N

Reaction score
I feel like a dummy.

I was hoping to get some advice on what Totos to consider given a water supply coming up from the floor. I realize the skirted toilet I wanted to put in my son's bathroom, the soirée, won't work with a water supply in the floor.

Side note: I'm in the finishing stages of a whole-house remodel - three new bathrooms and a kitchen. I've been working with a general contractor who has been working with a plumbing sub. The one thing that I knew I wanted in the house were Toto toilets (I lived in Japan for a few years and became attached).

The plumber put in the water supply in the floor - I'm not 100% sure why (other two baths have wall supplies). Everything had been opened up walls, floors, ceilings below. Ug.

The water line is 7.875" off the center line..and 2.875" off the back wall.

Are there any skirted toilets that might work? If not, I'll take any other recommendation for a boy's bathroom.

Thanks for such a information-rich site.

Attachments

• IMG_4763_1.jpg
    IMG_4763_1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 656

Reach4

Reaction score
Many would fit. Vespin II is skirted, and would fit. Toto 2-piece normally don't include the seat.

https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst416m_specs.pdf

Aquia II is not skirted, but has a concealed trapway. http://assets.totousa.com/product-files/SS-00236_CST416M.pdf

If you are looking for easy to clean rather than appearance, note that skirted toilets have an area behind the toilet that you will be unable to clean.

Here is the trick: Go to http://www.totousa.com/products/toilets . Then click One piece or two piece.
Click on the toilet you want to check out.
Click "Downloads and Product Specifications" followed by "Spec Sheet"
That will get things like the pdf links I posted above.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If that wall is an outside wall, he may not have wanted to run the supply there, fearing it could freeze.

Tom N

Reaction score
Reach4....thanks so much for the quick response (and the civility).

My brain was fixated on the notion that the supply had to be from the wall - I don't know why. Looking at the specs it's obvious that many will fit. I'm going to have to put Dahl valves on the other two to make the Soirées fit, and perhaps Ineed to take a break looking at plumbing-related stuff today.

Jim - the wall was an inside one, but perhaps there's a better reason. There was a bit of stuff in the wall cavity nearby, but I'll ask. Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks