Floor supply line too close?

Users who are viewing this thread

stking

Reaction score
My supply line is coming up from our tile floor about 6.5" from the wall molding and 6.5" from the toilet centerline (to centerpipe). Looks like a standard 12" rough-in.

I wanted to go with either the Soiree or Guinevere based on reports on this forum, but the spec sheets show 11.75" and 12.125" width respectively. So, the Guinevere is out without relocating the supply line. It looks like the Soiree would just barely fit. Perhaps not with the chrome collar which takes up another inch around the supply line pipe. Are there smaller collars to be had? I like the one-piece, finished-skirt and Cyclone flush combo. Is this just too close for comfort or have folks done installs like this?

Also, I don't see the footprint mentioned on either of these, are the lines parallel all the way front to back? I was thinking if there's a slight taper that would be helpful. I haven't seen them in person.

I suppose I could try the Aquia or Ultramax which both seem to have narrower footprints.

Any advice? Terry, what do you think about this distance with the Soiree?

Thanks in advance,

Ted

abak_soiree_2.jpg

TOTO Soiree pedestal lav and toilet suite

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I would not conside the location of a supply to be an obsticle to installing a good toilet. Extra work yes! Obsticle no!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
This might be the time to plumb the supply line so that it comes out of the wall as it is supposed to.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I checked all of the Toto skirted toilets i have in my showroom and none except the Nexus 2pc would work with your supply where it is right now including the Aquia.
If you go with a none skirted they will work.
If you move the supply over a inch it will work i did at my house lucky i did not have tile and drilled throught the wood in the floor and took a spun flange and trimmed it to fit.

stking

Reaction score
Aquia should work according to the specs, right?

Peanut9199, I measured the centerline of my current POS toilet to the edge of the chrome flange surrounding the supply line and it's 5". The Aquia shows 9.75" on the spec sheet for total width. Half that is less than 5". Won't that give me enough room or am I missing something?

Others, I'm really trying to avoid moving this line. I don't want to mess with the current tile right now. I think there's plenty to work with in the Toto line that I'm not going to be cut out of a 'good toilet' because of the line location, but perhaps limited in style/features. Right now I just want something that can handle paper without 3 flushes.

T

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Ok i just remeasured and it's 5" from center to the edge.

abak_guinevere.jpg

TOTO Guinevere pedestal lav and toilet suite

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks