Floor mount rear outlet. I have an American Standard rear discharge toilet tank # 4083

Users who are viewing this thread

Raymon@65

Reaction score
This toilet was install in late 80's, any idea what model? Also I would like to replaced it, what would be the equivalent brand so I don't have to redo the plumbing. What would be the height measurements?

The toilet is in good shape, it is flushing slow now- it's not plugged- any help would be appreciated it.

Attachments

• 20190405_170559.jpg
    20190405_170559.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 219
  • 20190405_170606.jpg
    20190405_170606.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 195
  • 20190405_170553.jpg
    20190405_170553.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 236

Raymon@65

Reaction score
Also, I need help with replacing the seal- toilet has not been moved for over 20 years- what type of seal do you recomend, wax- non-wax or? thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Floor mount rear outlet bowls are roughed about 4" above the floor. They make a rubber seal for that, or a reinforced wax seal that should say on the box that it works with a wall installation. Most wax rings don't work for that.

stealth-rear-outlet.jpg

Niagara Stealth

yorkville-vormax-1.jpg

American Standard Yorkville Vormax

fluidmaster-pro-seal.gif

Last edited:

Raymon@65

Reaction score
Never seen this toilet before, what does it dump into a tee?

I''m not sure- the vent is enclosed in the wall and the pipe conection exits to the rear exterior wall. The conection was done like this because the sewer- line cannot go any lower.

Raymon@65

Reaction score
Thanks again for all your help. I was ready to order the Harvey #2 no seep reinforce seal, but noticed they have number #3 that seems that it is a better quality, What do you recomend, # 2 0r # 3? Are these gaskets sold only through the internet? Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks