Floor leveler for OSB flooring?

Users who are viewing this thread

Slugger740

Reaction score
I need to level an OSB Advantech subfloor that is out of lever in my bath renovation. The area to be leveled is roughly a half circle area with the width of the area being approximately 6' (aka 3' radius). The lowest point is the midpoint of the straight side of the half circle and is 1/4" below level.

After reading up on floor levelers (Level RS and Laticrete's NXT Level Plus), it seems that you need a minimum of 1/4" of leveler over OSB for the Laticrete and 1/2" + mesh using Level RS.

Is there a self-leveler that can go from 1/4" to feather edge over OSB?

If not, my other option is to use Henry's 549 and screed it.

FYI -- will be putting LVP flooring over the this.

thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You could try this stuff https://www.ardexamericas.com/product/ardex-liquid-backerboard/

Note, because of surface tension, a self-leveling material does NOT self level...it needs help. Think pouring batter into a pan to make pancakes...it doesn't expand to fill the pan and like a water drop on a waxed floor, will end up with a bead unless you manipulate the stuff.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks