Float Valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Dan Brown

Reaction score
Hey all, I regularly get a professional plumber to come out a check my tanks and that lot every few months and I had one recently who said I either need to get or need a new float valve ( I cannot remember which he said). He said if I get one he will do the job for me so I said ok and went online to find one. Eventually I found a website that sells these float valves ( https://www.ondemandsupplies.co.uk/categories/Valves-&-Flexibles/Float-Valves/ ) but i was wondering do these look good because to me they look fine. I would also like to know more about why people use these float valves? So if anyone with any information please tell me. Thanks alot in advance :)

I know I couldve went to my local hardware store but I wasnt sure if they sold them?

Dan Brown

Reaction score
I would appreciate any response that i consider helpful haha. Oh and if this is the wrong place to ask the question i will change it to the right tab? Just let me know and i will remove it and place it somewhere else. Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
I can't figure out what you are up to. This is not a helpful response. It is a suspicious response.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Without some more info, it's really hard to picture what you're talking about, and the circumstances where you might need a float valve. I can think of a couple of places where you might want one, maybe you have a gravity fed water supply tank either in the attic or on the roof, and the float valve is used to control the supply water level. But, that kind of situation is not very common on this side of the pond!

If you want any reasonably helpful response, we need more background and info on what you have and what you're trying to accomplish.

Dan Brown

Reaction score
Apologies for my poor english (i am polish) and my lack of information given. Yes it is for my gravity water tank in the attic and i asked my plumber and he said he has to add a new one in. Apologies for your suspicions Reach, and i think it isnt a part for a toilet? Thanks for the responses especially Jadnashua, i appreciate the slight information you have given to me.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks