Flexible insulated duct

Users who are viewing this thread

mannerofspeakin

Reaction score
House built in 1990. Need to replace a run of flexible duct work. The ductwork that needs replacing has a "9'" stamped on it next to its manufacturer information on the outside, which should mean 9 inch duct right ? I guess my trouble is that I can't find 9 inch flexible duct easily or at all. Any ideas ? This duct feeds three vents. Other ducts coming from air handler are this same size while others are 10 inch.

MaintenanceMan

In the Trades
Reaction score
They do make 9" flex duct. You most likely will never find it at a home center though. Most likely you'll have to go to a supply house. You don't see 9" used very often. Measure the diameter of the pipe to make sure it is the correct size.

mannerofspeakin

Reaction score
They do make 9" flex duct. You most likely will never find it at a home center though. Most likely you'll have to go to a supply house. You don't see 9" used very often. Measure the diameter of the pipe to make sure it is the correct size.

Thanks. It is 9 inches. Are there some ways to convert current opening to something more common ? Like an adapter or something ?

MaintenanceMan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks. It is 9 inches. Are there some ways to convert current opening to something more common ? Like an adapter or something ?

Possibly, but it is probably 9" for a reason. Best to go back with that if it hasn't been giving you any trouble airflow wise.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks