Flexible hose for connecting jet pumps...

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by tws, Mar 6, 2015.

1. tws

tws New Member

greetings and thank you for an outstanding forum.

i'm going to install a gould shallow well jet pump and wonder if there is a flexible hose material that i can use instead of rigid steel or plastic? i know gas and diesel motors use high pressure hoses of all types i hope there is something similar that i can use for my pump.

thanks for any advice.

tws

2. tws

tws New Member

continued... i was hoping i could use something like these Polypropylene Camlocks

http://www.globalindustrial.com/g/p...hose-couplings/polypropylene-camlock-fittings

to connect to the steel pipe protruding from the well culvert at ground level. i just don't know what type or quality of hose to attach to the camlocks. or if it is even possible.

the foot valve is a few inches off the well bottom at 10' and it is good (the standing pipe holds water)... the foot valve is attached to white pvc pipe threaded into steel elbow at the top which sticks out of well culvert at ground level with about 6' steel pipe to spare.

i have about 4' from there to the outside garage wall (ball valve discharge point) to lay in my new gould j5s jet pump. i'd like to circumvent all the leveling elbows and such and just go with a stout flexible hose and polypropylene camlocks to easily disassemble or reassemble as needed in the future.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. DonL

DonL Jack of all trades Master of one

Rocket Scientist
    Whatever type of flex that you use, make sure it is rated to be used on the suction side.

Some types will collapse if it is not under pressure.

Good Luck on your project.

5. craigpump

craigpump In the Trades

Self employed water system tech
    Is this for potable water?

The kind of suction hose that's typically used with cam locks has to be heated to get it on the insert side of the fittings. A torch is NO GOOD for heating that type of hose, instead, you heat up a metal coffee can full of ATF. Once the oil is hot the hose is submerged until soft and then slid over the insert. You can probably use cooking oil, but be very careful.

6. tws

tws New Member

thanks DonL...