Flexcon PC144 Pressure tank any good?

Users who are viewing this thread

mnRemodeler

Reaction score
I have someone doing some work and they are recommending a Flexcon PC144 to replace my aging Well XTROL 44 gallon tank.

Is this tank any good? I can't find any info on google

Bannerman

Reaction score
You could instead update and upgrade your system by installing a Cycle Stop Valve and 4.5 or 10-gallin tank.

A CSV will prevent the pump from continually cycling while also delivering constant pressure to your faucets.

The PK1A kit which includes the CSV, pressure tank, pressure switch and hanger brackets, will likely be less expensive than buying only a new 44-gallon tank, and will also require less space.

https://cyclestopvalves.com/

Reach4

Reaction score
have someone doing some work and they are recommending a Flexcon PC144 to replace my aging Well XTROL 44 gallon tank.

Is this tank any good?
I have the I have the Flexcon PC144 or PC144R. My notes show a 11/02/2001 date, but I am not sure if that was a date code, or if I had some notes that lead me to think it was installed in 2001.

Flexcon does not allow end-user sales, so always through an installer I think. Also, no price advertising. The WX-250 today is in short supply.

Tank is steel. Butyl diaphragm. Mine is blue, but newer ones may be a different color.

What's wrong with your WX-25o? Don't replace it just because you think it is getting old. What is the date code? You can find that on the label.

You are supposed to check the air precharge annually according to those who make recommendations, but I go significantly longer than that.

You should also flush your tank annually. It's easy.

Last edited:

mnRemodeler

Reaction score
My tank was installed in 1992. We have a lot of iron in the water so I made the assumption the tank probably needs to be replaced. Its working okay and holding the correct air pressure. But I'm replacing the old galvanized piping with brass and thought it might be a good time to replace the tank

Reach4

Reaction score
My tank was installed in 1992. We have a lot of iron in the water so I made the assumption the tank probably needs to be replaced. Its working okay and holding the correct air pressure. But I'm replacing the old galvanized piping with brass and thought it might be a good time to replace the tank
It's up to you. I would not change the tank. I am not a pro.

Precharged Pressure tank flush:
1. Connect a hose to the sediment drain valve, and run that to where you plan to drain the water. I suggest filtering the output through a cloth or cloth sack if you suspect the sediment may include sand. That is just for curiosity.
2. Turn off the pump.
3. Open the drain valve, and let it drain until the water stops. It would be possibly interesting to watch the first and last water that comes out.
4. Close the valve, and turn the pump back on, and let pressure build.
5. Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 a time or two.
==========================================================
Also set the air precharge. The air precharge is always checked and set with the water pressure zero.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks