Fleck SXT 5600 water softener

Users who are viewing this thread

Whipit

Reaction score
I installed a fleck act 5600 water softener and programmed it like instructions I found on-line. There is only 2 people in our house and it has regenerated the last 2 nights. I am wondering what would cause this? I checked all plumbing for leaks and nothing is dripping. 2 nights ago the meter showed 2220 and last night it was at 2196.

Reach4

Reaction score
In your fiddling, you had poked the Extra Cycle button. The faucet (service) icon started blinking, but you did not notice. You could have poked that first button again, and the blinking would have stopped. But since that icon was blinking, at 2 AM, the regeneration happened.

index.php

Last edited:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Can you post the size of the unit and the programming you did? Also the sticker color near the brine line. it is usually green, blue, black or red metallic.

Whipit

Reaction score
In your fiddling, you had poked the Extra Cycle button. The faucet (service) icon started blinking, but you did not notice. You could have poked that first button again, and the blinking would have stopped. But since that icon was blinking, at 2 AM, the regeneration happened.

index.php
Thank you for the info. This is what happened

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks