Fleck 9100SXT Turbine meters keep failing

Users who are viewing this thread

Woodman7

Reaction score
I have a Fleck 9100 SXT with a turbine meter and stainless bypass valve. The turbine meters keep failing and I have to replace them. The magnets on the turbine wheel develop rust and interfere with the cage. Is it possible to replace the turbine meter with the paddle wheel flow meter? Will this style of meter last longer than the turbine meters?

Thanks

Woodman7

Reaction score
Thanks Reach4, I have gone through that procedure a few times. I even tried coating the magnets with a thin layer of epoxy. That seems to have extended the life for an extra year or so. but they eventually still fail and stop turning. It appears that the paddle wheel design can be serviced without the need to remove all the piping and the bypass valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks