Fleck 9100SXT Salt usage Program settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Arantxa

Reaction score
Dear all,

I need some help with programming a Fleck 9100SXT water softener for a better salt efficiency.
I have 2x 15.4 L tanks
These are the current programmed settings:

DF = Ltr
VT = dF1b
CT = FI
NT = 2
C = 36.4 x 1000
H = 9
RS = SF
SF = 0
DO = 7
RT = 2:00
BW = 10
BD = 60
RR = 10
BF = OFF (Brine is drawn from an external brine tank)
BW = 10

Water hardness = 122.61 mg/l = ~7 gpg

Are these correct settings?

Thank you in advance

Reach4

Reaction score
BF = OFF (Brine is drawn from an external brine tank)
I have not heard of that before. Tell us about that.

The 9100 as a softener always draws brine from an external brine tank, but the BF is what refills the brine tank for the next regeneration. It's the BF setting that determines how much salt you use for each regeneration.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
You can use a float inside the salt tank rather than the valve mounted brine valve. The valve mounted brine valve is simply removed and capped. Can you take the cover off your valve and post a couple of pictures? Also post pictures of the inside of the brine tank and inside the brine well.

Arantxa

Reaction score
I have not heard of that before. Tell us about that.

The 9100 as a softener always draws brine from an external brine tank, but the BF is what refills the brine tank for the next regeneration. It's the BF setting that determines how much salt you use for each regeneration.

Indeed. A float switch is used inside the brine tank to refill it with water.
Will be a little bit difficult to post pictures of the brine tank, because it is very high.

Reach4

Reaction score
Indeed. A float switch is used inside the brine tank to refill it with water.
Will be a little bit difficult to post pictures of the brine tank, because it is very high.
Even if the float is what limits the fill, it seems to me that you will need some BF minutes programmed in to tell the softener how long to try to fill the tank. Maybe 99 minutes if in doubt.

The fact that you have a float valve in the tank doesn't mean that your unit is set up to use the float level as the measurement method. People who use time*BLFC to set the amount of water also have float valves, which are used as safety devices in case something goes wrong.

So my suggestion is to go back into your softener programming, and see if it really says OFF for the BF value.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks