Fleck 9100 SXT over old Kinetico tanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Mowmow

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just purchased a Fleck 9100 SXT to replace the Kinetico Model 100 valve head. I've been performing most of the maintenance on the K100 since I bought my home about 18 years ago, but I paid to have the media replaced a few years ago. It has the number 6 wheel. When it's behaving well, is does just fine and takes about 90 minutes to regenerate. My water hardness is about 1500 PPM and I'm averaging 60 lbs of salt per week lately. Upstream of the softener, I have an air injection sulfur remover, which apparently also takes care of the small amount of iron in the water. The water softener inlet pressure ranges from 42-55PSI (cut-in/out of the sulfur system).

My plan is to reuse both 10x54 media tanks (with its 1.05" riser tubes that appear to be of the correct length) as well as the 18" diameter x 35" tall brine tank and its float valve. All of this is in excellent condition. I'll be using the provided new upper baskets. Down the road, I may look to increase the tank size, but it's what I have for now.

Based on the tank dimensions I provided to the seller, my 9100 SXT arrived equipped with the 2.4 GPM DLFC button and 0.50 GPM BLFC washer.

Based on info that I've gleaned largely from this site, these are the initial parameters that I have entered into the digital control unit:

DF: GAL
VT: dF1b
CT: FI
NT: 2
TS: U2
C: 48
H: 88
RS: rc
RC: 0
DO: 21
RT: 12:00PM (temporary)
BW: 10 <==== I couldn't find much info on determining BW, BD, and RR
BD: 60
RR: 10
BF: 13
FM: P0.7 (mine has the plastic paddle wheel)

For BF above:
Given:
- Brine tank fill rate is set to 0.5 gallons per minute
- Each tank holds 2.4 cu ft of softener resin
- One cubic foot of softener resin requires 8 lbs of salt to regenerate
- One gallon of water can carry 3 lbs of salt
Calculate BF:
- 8 lbs of salt per cu ft x 2.4 cu ft = 19.2 lbs of salt per regen
- 19.2 / 3 lbs of salt per gallon of water = 6.4 gallons of water
- 6.4 / 0.5 gallons per minute flow rate = 12.8 minutes Brine Fill time
=> BF = 13

Beyond this, I have a few more questions:

1. Per the above (CT = FI), I believe that I have disabled delayed regen as tanks may be too small to delay to a fixed time. Though it would be nice to be able to use that feature. Any thoughts?

2. When CT is set to FI, can you still QUEUE a regen? Doesn't seem to work for me - nothing shows up on the screen to indicate queuing.

3. Are there any hidden advantages in using the factory bypass? I purchased the plastic one, but am finding that it causes too much protrusion in my planned layout. So, I'd like to build my own bypass using regular valves and just use the 3/4" plastic yoke direct to the flow meter.

Any input and/or correction is greatly appreciated!

Reach4

Reaction score
Raise the brine float. In the Kinetico, the float was the thing that determined the amount of fill. With the 9100sxt, the fill is metered, and the float valve becomes a safety float rather than the thing that sets the amount of fill.

See high hardness compensation.
terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/fleck-9100-sxt-programming-settings.60651/

Note that if your regen intervals will all go over 24 hours, you could change to CT=Fd. That would switch tanks right away, but not regen the used tank until RT time.

Take a look at these and see what you think:​
System info (not programmed)
salt lb/cuft​
=​
8​
;​
A choice ( efficiency vs capacity)​
BLFC​
=​
0.5​
;​
Brine Refill rate GPM​
DLFC​
=​
2.4​
;​
Drain (backwash and RR rate GPM)​
cubic ft resin​
=​
1.5​
;​
ft3 resin (each tank)​
Compensated hardness​
=​
122​
;​
including any compensation​
People​
=​
2​
;​
Does not matter for settings, just forecast​
Estimated gal/day​
=​
120​
;​
60 gal per person typical calc​
Estimated days/regen​
=​
2.5​
;​
Computed days with reserve​
Fleck 9100SXT Settings:
DF​
=​
Gal​
;​
Units​
VT​
=​
dF1b​
;​
Downflw/Upflw, Single Backwash​
CT​
=​
FI​
;​
FI=Meter Immediate,Fd=Delayed regen​
NT​
=​
2​
;​
Number of tanks​
C​
=​
36.0​
;​
capacity in 1000 grains per tank​
H​
=​
122​
;​
Hardness-- compensate if needed​
RS​
=​
rc​
;​
rc says use gallons vs percent​
RC​
=​
0​
;​
Can use 0 for no reserve​
DO​
=​
28​
;​
Day Override (shorter with iron)​
RT​
=​
2:00​
;​
Regen time matters after DO days or CT=Fd​
BW​
=​
5​
;​
Backwash (minutes)​
Bd​
=​
60​
;​
Brine draw minutes​
RR​
=​
5​
;​
Rapid Rinse minutes​
BF​
=​
8​
;​
Brine fill minutes​
FM​
=​
p0.7​
;​
flow meter​

Last edited:

Bannerman

Reaction score
How did you determine water hardness is 1500 PPM? The Hach 5B Total Hardness test kit is the recommended method to determine hardness grains per gallon. If you have been using a TDS meter to obtain a PPM number, that is not a hardness measurement.

- Each tank holds 2.4 cu ft of softener resin
The total volume within a 10" X 54" tank is 2.2 ft3 (top and bottom domes are not and should not be counted). Because the resin will be lifted, expanded and reclassified during the backwash phase of each regeneration cycle, to provide the required expansion space, each tank will contain sufficient resin to fill approx 2/3 of the available volume space. The appropriate quantity within each 10X54 media tank will be 1.5 ft3 resin + 15 lbs bedding gravel.

- One cubic foot of softener resin requires 8 lbs of salt to regenerate
- 8 lbs of salt per cu ft x 2.4 cu ft = 19.2 lbs of salt per regen
While 1.5 ft3 resin will have a total hardness reduction capacity of 48,000 grains, regeneration of 100% of each tank's capacity every cycle would require 30 lbs salt (20 lbs/ft3) which would be extremely inefficient at only 1,600 grains per lb of salt. To significantly improve efficiency, it is recommended to regenerate each tank once 36,000 grains has been utilized as that will require only 12 lbs salt each cycle (8 lbs/ft3) which will increase efficiency to 3,000 grains per lb.

Last edited:

Mowmow

Reaction score
Wow, thanks guys for the quick and detailed responses. You guys have exposed some pretty big mistakes on my part.

I don't remember where I got the 2.5 number for resin cubic feet, but obviously that's pretty critical, so thanks for the correction.

Raise the brine float. In the Kinetico, the float was the thing that determined the amount of fill. With the 9100sxt, the fill is metered, and the float valve becomes a safety float rather than the thing that sets the amount of fill.

Will do.

See high hardness compensation.
terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/fleck-9100-sxt-programming-settings.60651/​

Thanks for the compensation info. I did see some talk on that, but wasn't sure if it applied to me or when it did. Sounds like it always does, basically more as the hardness gets extreme. Maybe I figured that if I ignored it, it might go away. :oops:

How did you arrive at 300 gallons capacity (before regeneration)? The SXT timer agrees with you, now reporting 295, so I'm guessing there's a fairly simple equation for that.

While 1.5 ft3 resin will have a total hardness reduction capacity of 48,000 grains, regeneration of 100% of each tank's capacity every cycle would require 30 lbs salt (20 lbs/ft3) which would be extremely inefficient at only 1,600 grains per lb of salt. To significantly improve efficiency, it is recommended to regenerate each tank once 36,000 grains has been utilized as that will require only 12 lbs salt each cycle (8 lbs/ft3) which will increase efficiency to 3,000 grains per lb.

Your info on improved efficiency by lowering capacity is awesome - I think I have seen smaller-than-expected capacity numbers in other threads, but didn't catch on to the explanation - totally makes sense. I have no info on why and how my Kinetico unit was configured as it was, but I suppose that also utilized similar practice. On the other hand, the Kinetico regen time is longer that Reach4's new total above. I'm not about to try and tune up my Kinetico in its final days, but it is interesting.

Two-part question (as I'd really like to switch to delayed regen if possible):

1) If I switch to delayed regen via CT=Fd, and a regen is automatically queued by usage, then before that regen happens, the in-use tank is depleted (maybe I change the water in my hot tub), will SXT controller force an immediate regen, or even two?

2) Given that I am reducing the "claimed" capacity in exchange for efficiency, I technically have some reserve. Are there any settings or capabilities in the SXT timer, that allows for additional water into the brine tank based on forced use beyond that claimed capacity?

On the hardness, I've had it measured probably five times by at least 3 companies since 2003, and the hardness has ranged from 1477 to 1507. Not sure on the methods they used. I do own a TDS meter, but use it mainly on my R.O. system. I also have a hardness kit of some sort, but haven't used it yet.

Thanks again guys!

Reach4

Reaction score
Gallons = C/H
So if C=36000 and hardness = 122, then 36000/122= 295.

Compensation and capacity numbers can vary.

If there was a reserve, that would come off of the computed number of gallons, but with the twin tank, no reserve.

For measuring the hardness of your water with a Hach 5-B, test (1 part raw well water) + (3 parts distilled water). Count the drops until the mix turns blue, and multiply that number of drops by 4. Hach 5-B is specified up to 30 grains.

Bannerman

Reaction score
1) If I switch to delayed regen via CT=Fd, and a regen is automatically queued by usage, then before that regen happens, the in-use tank is depleted (maybe I change the water in my hot tub), will SXT controller force an immediate regen, or even two?
Your twin tank softener will immediately switch over to the alternate tank when the initial tank's programmed capacity has been consumed. Regeneration of the consumed tank will usually occur immediately so its capacity will be restored and available when the alternate tank's capacity becomes depleted. In this manner, softened water will continue to be available non-stop 24/7/365.

By delaying regeneration, if the alternate (active) tank's capacity also becomes depleted before the initial tank has been regenerated, there will be no softening capacity remaining until after regeneration occurs at the Regeneration Time that is programmed.

Since a delayed regeneration in a twin tank softener is not common, I'm uncertain if only one tank will be regenerated with the 2nd tank regeneration delayed until the RT 24-hrs later, or if one tank will be regenerated which will be immediately followed by regeneration of the 2nd tank.

2) Given that I am reducing the "claimed" capacity in exchange for efficiency, I technically have some reserve. Are there any settings or capabilities in the SXT timer, that allows for additional water into the brine tank based on forced use beyond that claimed capacity?
The Capacity setting determines the maximum amount of capacity to be depleted before regeneration will occur. This is not reducing the 'claimed' capacity.

Similar to a vehicle that has a 20-gallon gas tank, you would not wait until all 20-gallons are consumed before refilling the tank. Unlike a vehicle, a softener's 'gas mileage' (salt efficiency) will improve by regenerating when less than 100% of total capacity has been depleted. For example, by regenerating when only 75% of the resin's total capacity has been consumed, only 40% of the salt will be needed compared to the salt quantity needed to regenerate 100% of the resin's capacity. (12 lbs salt to regenerate 36K grains capacity vs 30 lbs to regenerate 48K grains in 1.5 ft3 of resin).

To dissolve 12 lbs salt to create the correct amount of brine to regenerate (restore) 36K of capacity, 4-gallons of water will need to enter the brine tank. Since your control valve is equipped with a 0.5 GPM BLFC flow restrictor, the Brine Fill setting will then need to be 8-minutes.

The additional unutilized resin capacity above 36K up to the 48K total is not technically available as a reserve since the quantity of brine created is constant each cycle. That unused capacity is however utilized to assist to reduce the amount of hardness leakage through the resin.

Removing hardness does not occur instantaneously but requires the water to have sufficient contact time with the resin for ion exchange to occur. When the water flow rate exceeds the resin's capacity to remove hardness, then hardness leakage will occur and will continue to increase as the remaining resin capacity is further consumed. The entire volume of resin works as one to remove hardness so the remaining 25% undepleted capacity will ensure effective softening will continue even as the remaining programmed capacity is nearing 0 directly before regeneration.

Last edited:

Mowmow

Reaction score
Gallons = C/H
So if C=36000 and hardness = 122, then 36000/122= 295.

Well I said fairly simple, but that was embarrassing lol.

Since a delayed regeneration in a twin tank softener is not common, I'm uncertain if only one tank will be regenerated with the 2nd tank regeneration delayed until the RT 24-hrs later, or if one tank will be regenerated which will be immediately followed by regeneration of the 2nd tank.

So I thought I'd do some delayed regen tests using a small fan to blow the flow meter, and guess what? My flow meter is defective! Magnet test suggests that the sensor is OK. Long story short, I have warranty parts coming. Meanwhile, I used a pulse generator (SXT handles up to 100Hz or 5 gallons per second! I'm visualizing filling a 5-gallon bucket in one second) to make water flow; 20 pulses to a gallon.

What I found is that because no tank switch happens before the delayed regen, only one regen is required at the scheduled time. A second consecutive regen would not make sense. All this time, I was thinking that delayed regen was just that, but it is also delayed changeover. Bummer.

Without immediate changeover, delayed regen seems to carry a penalty by either regenerating unnecessarily soon (wasted salt), or regenerating too late (hard water due to delayed changeover). Admitting my limited knowledge of the internal plumbing and operation of the valve, it seems like immediate changeover (and delayed regen) would have been possible. Isn't changeover the first thing that happens on regen? Just stop there until the scheduled time.

My question on "claimed capacity" was based on the assumption that delayed regen meant immediate changeover. Continuing that now-moot thought: A changeover (before delayed regen) could end up with any amount of water use before that regen time. My point was to meter that water use and fill the brine tank after the first (delayed) regen according to the amount of use since changeover. If usage is say, between 75% and 100% of (C minus the-amount-needed-to-regen-the-1st-tank), then the brine tank can be filled according to that ratio. So both regens can happen overnight. If more than 100% (or whatever that upper limit really is) is reached on the second tank, then a regen happens immediately on one tank, a changeover occurs, and an attempt to delay the second tank regen is made. Is doing that just a matter or software on the 9100 or are the mechanics/plumbing insufficient?

If you're asking why I'm so interested in overnight regen, it's: A) I get pressure loss due to the sulfur system, and regen often happens during showering and then someone flushes a toilet... If I could avoid immediate regen, I would. B) The noise associated with regen - again the sulfur system - compressor/well pump on and off - not horrible as it's in the basement, but still noticeable when things are quiet. Why don't I get rid of my sulfur system? I love it. I have de-sulf running to our two small greenhouses and also use it for watering plants in the house. Other chemical solutions have that associated cost, may not take care of my iron, and may leave non-plant friendly chemicals in the water.

One last thing:
My understanding is that it takes about 80 gallons of non-metered soft water to regenerate my 10x54 tanks.
Given that, should I be:
A) Entering 80 into RC because by the time a regen is completed, that amount has already been used from the new tank, or
B) Entering 0 into RC, because that amount of reserve already taken into account via reduced capacity and/or compensated hardness i.e. was it already accounted for to arrive at my 295 gallons?

Thanks as always!

Reach4

Reaction score
"What I found is that because no tank switch happens before the delayed regen, only one regen is required at the scheduled time. A second consecutive regen would not make sense. All this time, I was thinking that delayed regen was just that, but it is also delayed changeover. Bummer."

Are you sure the change over does not occur when the display count's down to zero if the unit has regenerated since the count down to zero? Can you check that?

Programming item TS should toggle when the tank switch happens.
Tank One in Service: U1
Tank Two in Service: U2
I think that is a good point, and I am tending to think your A makes sense. There was prior discussion. Maybe I can find that.

Mowmow

Reaction score
Are you sure the change over does not occur when the display count's down to zero if the unit has regenerated since the count down to zero? Can you check that?

I am not completely clear on the wording of your question. If it has regenerated, then it definitely just performed a change over right before that. Best I can tell is that on a two-tank configuration, there are no regenerations that didn't IMMEDIATELY follow a changeover, and there are no changeovers that will not be IMMEDIATELY followed by a regeneration. Here is a repeat test that I ran today:

* Setup: CT=Fd, C=36, H=122 (GAL=295), RC=100, RT=12:20PM (20 minutes away), TS=U2

* Initial display: GAL = 195 (295-100), TS = U2, Time is 12:02PM, Service Icon is ON SOLID

* Now (12:05PM), provide 3901 pulses (195 gallons + 1 pulse): Service Icon now flashes, and GAL displays RC 99, TS = U2 (no mechanical action)

* Next (12:15PM - 10 minutes have passed and still no mechanical activity), provide 2001 pulses (100 gallons + 1 pulse): GAL now displays "RC _ _ _ _", TS = U2, Service Icon still flashing, but still no mechanical action.

* 12:20PM (delayed time) comes: Changeover and regen commences and completes

* Upon completion, TS = U1, GAL = 195, and Service Icon is now ON SOLID

Maybe it's time to hack the controller

Regarding the RC (reserve) parameter, that almost seems like a misnomer. At least as I understand it, it might better be called "Overhead", as it subtracts from the bottom line.

I really appreciate your feedback during this crash course

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I was trying to describe a situation where the controller thought the other tank had not been regenerated since the prior switchover.

For experiments that don't use up salt, you could put the bypass valve into bypass. Of course you would limit usage of water in the house while in bypass.

If your tests show what (what I thought) was mistaken, I will search out and try to correct my prior incorrect posts on this topic. At this point, I think I have probably been in error. http://petersonsalt.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Fleck-9100-SXT-Installer-Manual.pdf says
"6.5.3. Regeneration control type (CT)
Select the controller type.
Mandatory
Due to the usage of twin tanks, set regeneration control type to meter immediate."

Mowmow

Reaction score
I was trying to describe a situation where the controller thought the other tank had not been regenerated since the prior switchover.

For experiments that don't use up salt, you could put the bypass valve into bypass. Of course you would limit usage of water in the house while in bypass.

If your tests show what (what I thought) was mistaken, I will search out and try to correct my prior incorrect posts on this topic.

I can run any test without cost at the moment. The complete head is on my bench. I am waiting for replacement parts for the flow meter and am using a pulse generator to provide the water flow. The parts are due today and I plan to install the valve assembly tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'd be happy to run other tests if you want to spell them out.

BTW: The only info I can find (unless you have a serial number decoder) on manufacture date on my unit is the SXT controller's PCB date code of 2130, meaning the bare printed circuit board was manufactured early August 2021, so it's a pretty recent unit.

Reach4

Reaction score
The test I would envision: set the unit up for delayed. Run off enough hypothetical flow to have it regenerate at the next RT.

With no further flow, wait 25 hours after that regen. Then simulate enough flow to trigger/schedule a regen. Does the tank switch right away, or not until the RT time comes.

This test could be probably accelerated by triggering a manual immediate regen by holding in the extra cycle button for 5 seconds. Then run simulated water usage to trigger/schedule a tank switch. Does the tank switch, or just wait as in the test you just did?

Mowmow

Reaction score
I ran the accelerated version (which is essentially what I had done above) and got the same result. In Td mode, I started at tank 1. I manually forced a regen and let it complete on its own. Now it's on Tank 2. I then flowed water until the service icon flashed. No changeover. I then flowed more water until RC _ _ _ _ and still no mechanical action. Here it sat for about two hours, displaying U2 until the delay time, at which point it changed tanks, started regenerating, and is now in brine draw displaying U1.

My parts came in, so I'm going to get the flow meter working, but I could still run other tests this evening or overnight.

Bannerman

Reaction score
One last thing:
My understanding is that it takes about 80 gallons of non-metered soft water to regenerate my 10x54 tanks.
Given that, should I be:
A) Entering 80 into RC because by the time a regen is completed, that amount has already been used from the new tank, or
B) Entering 0 into RC, because that amount of reserve already taken into account via reduced capacity and/or compensated hardness i.e. was it already accounted for to arrive at my 295 gallons?
Reserve Capacity is not normally programmed on a twin tank softener since each tank will be regenerated using softened water provided by the alternate tank.

A single tank softener will be regenerated using hard water which will further add to the hardness load on the resin. If the softener is programmed to regenerate when 36,000 grains have been consumed, depending on the hardness of the raw rater, perhaps 2,000 grains additional capacity will have been depleted by the conclusion of the Backwash cycle. Some capacity will also be immediately consumed after regeneration due to the Rapid Rinse cycle which will occur near the end of each regeneration cycle. That additional hardness load is not usually considered directly but is indirectly addressed by the hardness factor adjustment in which a higher hardness amount will be programmed as determined by the tested hardness of the raw water.

Because each twin tank will be regenerated using softened water, no additional capacity will be depleted during regeneration, which will offset any capacity utilized from the hard water entering the tank which is supplying the soft water to regenerate the depleted tank.

Can twin-tank softener be scheduled to regenerate at night

Programming Fleck SXT Timer

Last edited:

Mowmow

Reaction score
Because each tank will be regenerated using softened water, no additional capacity will be depleted during regeneration, which will offset any capacity utilized from the hard water entering the tank which is supplying the soft water to regenerate the depleted tank.

So, your vote is "B" then?

Reach4

Reaction score
Reserve Capacity is not normally programmed on a twin tank softener since each tank will be regenerated using softened water provided by the alternate tank.
I am trying to remember the earlier discussion. Is tank 1 providing softened water for all of tank 2 regen, or is tank 1 only providing the brine fill for tank 2?

Mowmow

Reaction score
Sorry for dropping off the scene guys. The unit went in slicker than snot and it's putting out nice water. ONE LEAK - I'm guessing that I didn't properly install the O-ring when I changed the flow meter cap. I swapped it with the one that came with the warranty part and all's good.

Upon completion of the installation, I ran two manual regens and the system hasn't done a meter-initiated regeneration yet - another 35 gallons to go on the first 295. So maybe I have some super-regenerated resin depending on its state before the swap-out. I suppose it'll be another few regens before I have a feel for how it's really doing with the current settings as provided by Reach4 above.

Preliminary observations:

- Brine tank water level is maybe 2/3 of what the Kinetico 100 with #6 wheel was doing.

- Water definitely seems less salty (and still soft-feeling) than the Kinetico on its best day. I guess you don't know what you had 'till it's gone lol. Anyway, that can't be bad for the R.O. system.

- I feel like regens were more frequent on the Kinetico, but of course I have no way to compare. Also oddly, there have been no loads of laundry since installation. So who knows yet.

- Seems like less air in the system downstream of the softener. I had installed an air vent above the water heater some years ago as it would accumulate there. Nevertheless, I'd get some spitting in the morning in the hot, and also in the cold, which had the issue to a lesser extent, and some of that would make it through the R.O. But it seems to be reduced to clearly less than 50% of what I had gotten before the swapout - meaning almost none. Which leads me to a question:

- Which regeneration process is my 9100 SXT following when I choose VT = dF1b? I see 8 steps on page 44 and 45 of my 9xxx Service Manual, and two 5-cycle (upflow and downflow) descriptions in the 9100 SXT Installer Manual, which came from pentairaquaeurope.com apparently. But none of them mention the VT settings in that context. My point of all this is whether a difference in the regen could more effectively purge air from the softener now vs before the change-out. Another possibility is that less air is separating from the water now. The tank right before the water softener is an air remover that uses a float valve, but that only removes are that has separated from the water already. Pressure drops will cause additional separation and maybe that plays in. The tanks are opaque, so I can't look for air. Maybe a stud finder...

- I should probably start doing some hardness tests and tracking the results. I did check on my hardness test kit and it is a Hach 5-EP, not the B. As I said earlier, I don't think I've never used it, and now I see that both the reagent pillows and the titrant solution are about a year expired. Anyone have any experience on the aging of that stuff? The kit has been stored untouched in its hard case in the 55 degree basement since purchased. I suppose if it has degraded, it might still be good for relative measurements e.g. just before and just after regen.

Finally, back to the idea of immediate tank switch with delayed regen. The service manual seems to put backwash before tank switch. If that is true, I guess backwash would not be delayed.

And finally finally, WHAT IS UP WITH MY SXT CONTROLLER? I was getting ready to add a digital event counter (with 20:1 prescaling to convert pulses to gallons) to track total gallons through the equipment, when it occurred to me that maybe the SXT controller already records total gallons. Sure enough, the Fleck SXT Timer Service Manual shows that the diagnostics data includes a "TV" page, which is Totalizer Volume - exactly what I want. But this feature only exists in the DC-powered version and not the AC? The DC version also appears to have a programmable relay output, which might have been able to be set up as a prescaler for a regular counter. Why would they do that?? Maybe a subject for a new thread...

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
dF1b is downflow, 1 backwash. For something else, I think it needs a different piston.

On the expired Hach test, I don't know if the extra year degrades the accuracy. It is possible the colors get less intense rather than not getting the hardness right. Hach 5-EP seems to be the same as 5-B except instead of spooning out the crystals, you break open a portion pack pillow.

TV should be there. Do you get into the diagnostics mode? Note that the service icon (faucet) flashes when a regen has been scheduled. I don't know what happens if you are set up for immediate. Anyway, the reason I bring this up is that getting into diagnostics is a bit tricky at times. I have gotten into scheduling a softner regen on my 5810sxt by mistake, and need to push the extra cycle button momentarily if that icon flashes accidentally (to cancel the pending regen). My 5600sxt has no meter because it is serving as a filter.
So I expect no difference in DC vs AC versions.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks