Fleck 9100 or 9100SXT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jonathan Yang

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and learned a lot about water softeners through reading your posts. Our water is very hard (20 gpg). We have 4 people living in my house with 5k monthly water consumption. The contractor recommends Fleck 9100 twin tank with mechanical meter and he said the 9100 with mechanical meter is more durable. I agree the twin tank makes sense for our situation, but I'm not sure whether we should go with 9100 or 9100SXT. Can someone help me to understand the pros and cons of these two models? Which one would you recommend? Many thanks.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
9100sxt. If you want to get the best of both worlds, ask for the 9100sxt with the paddle wheel. It may be old school and take up an extra 2" of space, but the paddle only runs at 20 RPM per gallon, vs. 100+ for the turbine.

Reach4

Reaction score
A 2.5 cubic ft single tank softener would have plenty of capacity if you can put up with regeneration for less than 2 hours in the middle of the night, less frequently than once per week. During much of the regen, the softener is in bypass. A little hard water passing when a toilet gets flushed a few times in the middle of the night is not a big deal.

Dual has its advantages, however.

Incidentally, your water usage is less than average for 4 people.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks