Fleck 9100 Gear Positions and Removal

Users who are viewing this thread

Dangerous

Reaction score
First: The hole through which the upper gear enters to back plate has cracked. I've ordered a new back plate, so to prepare I'm looking to see how to remove/transfer the gears. Both gears have what appears to be a clip on the end of the gear shaft (on the right). Is that a clip, and how can I easily remove?

Second: I've looked online, but find nothing regarding the gear positions (i.e. how the two gears should be orientated with respect to each other). The upper gear has a single peg that interacts with the Geneva wheel, and the lower gear has two pegs that are directly opposite of each other. Since I've already had the drive shaft removed, and fiddled with the Geneva wheel, I'm no longer certain of the placement of all three, other than a single bad photo I took early on. Could someone confirm the orientation of the gears, with perhaps a photo of a known working unit?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks