Fleck 9100 Brine drain problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Labans

Reaction score
I have a twin tank unit, with Fleck 9100sxt controller. Ran out of salt and when I refilled I have never been able to get soft water back.
So I ran through the regen cycles and found that for BD it pushes water back into the salt tank.
Anyone have an idea how to fix this? It also fills up the salt tank with water when it gets to BF.

Reach4

Reaction score
In the troubleshooting section of the 9100 manual, there are sections "Excessive water in brine
tank" and "Softener fails to draw brine". Common to those is "Clean injector and screen." There are other things listed, but that is free. Use a big flat blade screwdriver to unscrew the pieces. The pieces are plastic, so don't use a common size screwdriver.
Injector has two parts: nozzle and throat. Note the color while you are in there.

That troubleshooting info was page 37 of my copy of the service manual

I did not find a video on the injector or injector screen for the 9100. But the concept is similar to that of the 5600 injectors and screen. See about minute 1:00 and 2:00 for discussions on the injector and screen.

Last edited:

Labans

Reaction score
Thank you.
I have two manuals:
Fleck -SXT-Manual and
Fleck-9100-Installer-Manual
Neither one show any troubleshooting for either not sucking brine or, worse, pushing water back to tank on cycle BD!
Neither one has anything on page 37 the resembles what you mention.
Would you be able to either send me a copy (pdf) or direct me what to get by name?

boober

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue, as the OP. I checked the injector valve and the screen, but they look fine. I cleaned them anyway, and tried to regenerate. Now, the tank under the head works, the other tank does not. The second tank keeps over filling the brine tank and water remains hard. Not sure where to look next. Anyone have any suggestions for what to look for?
Thanks.

Labans

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue, as the OP. I checked the injector valve and the screen, but they look fine. I cleaned them anyway, and tried to regenerate. Now, the tank under the head works, the other tank does not. The second tank keeps over filling the brine tank and water remains hard. Not sure where to look next. Anyone have any suggestions for what to look for?
I bought a new Back Flush injector valve.

Reach4

Reaction score
Now, the tank under the head works, the other tank does not. The second tank keeps over filling the brine tank and water remains hard. Not sure where to look next. Anyone have any suggestions for what to look for?
Looking at the FLOW DIAGRAMS in the service manual, I wonder if there could be a seal failure that causes this asymmetry. It could be that tank 2 is not drawing brine.

The float valve should keep the brine tank from overflowing, but that is shared with both tanks. And you only said over-filling -- not overflowing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks