Fleck 9000 twin tanks doesn't switch tanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Syavik

Reaction score
I just moved into the house and dealing with water filtration issues
I have a twin tank Fleck 9000 controlled water conditioner and the system is no longer cycling as it has been stuck on tank 1 or 2.
Parts that I have replaced: meter cap and impeller. Now I hear noise that I haven't heard before so it sounds like it's working. I have also rotated gears inside with impeller and it seems to be turning without issues.
I have also replaced meter assembly and cable from meter cap, however nothing has changed, it still doesn't switch tanks automatically.
Rebuilt upper and lower pistons.
Replaced brine line control button from .5 to 1 and adjusted the meter since my iron is 13.
Testing that I have done:
Automatically it doesn't switch from tank 1 to tank 2 and vise versa
If I turn the manual knob to start a regeneration, cycle goes through and switching tanks.
Manually if I press micro switch, tanks are being switched with electrical motor.
Rotated the cable coming from meter cap, it rotates freely and when water is being used, sound like gears are turning but visually with my eyes cable doesn't turn.
Also I made sure that power is operational to the head .
What else is missing besides possibly bad meter cap?
Can someone give me a list of things to check out to determine the fault.
Thank you

Last edited:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a mechanical meter. Put a small sharpie mark on the meter cable, run water for 10 minutes and see if the sharpie mark has moved. The mechanical meter cable moves incredibly slowly so you will not be able to see it move unless you mark it and come back later. We have actual meter testers, same principal.

Syavik

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a mechanical meter. Put a small sharpie mark on the meter cable, run water for 10 minutes and see if the sharpie mark has moved. The mechanical meter cable moves incredibly slowly so you will not be able to see it move unless you mark it and come back later. We have actual meter testers, same principal.
Just replaced a water cap and all started working again, darn faulty meter?!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks