Fleck 7000sxt - constant trickle from drain

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, Questions and Answers' started by jkats, Apr 29, 2019.

1. jkats

jkats Member

Hi all. Several years ago (with help of many of you) I installed several water softeners with the Fleck 7000sxt valve - for myself and several relatives. The other day, we noticed a constant trickle of water coming out of the drain of the softener I installed at my uncle's house. The trickle is constant, even when the valve is unplugged. I'm guessing it's a matter of replacing some seal or part (I did watch dittohead's rebuild tutorial), but wanted to see if anyone had any specific recommendations.

Thanks!

2. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

Water systems designer, R&D, Technical Director
    You are correct, a simple scratch in the piston or a worn seal can cause a drip to the drain. Rebuild the valve and all will be good.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. jkats

jkats Member

Thanks dittohead. Any recommendation on best place to purchase parts?