Fleck 7000, Valve body failed

Users who are viewing this thread

rattle_snake

Reaction score
Valve body blew off the tank. broke off at the threads. Wasn't over torqued, and did not get physically hit, no one was home when it failed. O-ring was lubed. Luckily, the flex hoses that connect it kinked and slowed water flow but still made a big mess. Is this a common issue?
Looks like I need part 61050??
Looks like I've got some drywall fun ahead!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Can't help you with the part info. Wild.

City water? If so, I wonder if you have a thermal expansion tank that failed. Time to get a pressure gauge.

Last edited:

rattle_snake

Reaction score
I'm on a well, I have tested water pressure, it is about 60psi max. Garage is hot in the summer (100-120 F), not sure if that shortens life of plastic housing. water temp in resin tank is in the 90s.

Reach4

Reaction score

Reach4

Reaction score
Clack WS1 says Temperature 40 ° - 110 ° F
Autotrol 255 breaks it into two numbers:
  • Operating ambient temperature is between 34ºF (1ºC) and 120ºF (49ºC).
  • Operating water temperature is between 34ºF (1ºF) and 100ºF (38ºC).
Fleck 4650 electromechanical hot water softener says
Temperature​
  • 34° - 110° F (cold water)
  • 34° - 180° F (hot water)

Last edited:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
This is certainly not a common problem, but it has been seen. It tends to happen on well systems where a check valve is installed after the pressure tank, before the softener. The water heater can cause excessive pressure on the system when it heats. A thermal expansion tank must be installed ahead of the water heater. We regularly see pressure in excess of 150-200 PSI if the heater is brought up from 60- 150 degrees due to thermal expansion. The P&T valve should limit this but they often wont release until well after their set point if they are not replaced regularly. 5 Years is the maximum life recommended for P&T valves.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks