Fleck 7000 SXT programming

Users who are viewing this thread

Eliteconcept

Reaction score
Hi wondering if you guys can provide your input on ideal settings for my new fleck 7000 sxt
Background of my setup. 2 Adults and 6 year old that is with us 50% of the time. We are on well water. Water hardness is 21 as measured by an installer with a dropper kit. Iron measured at 2. System is 48k grain / 1.5 cubic feet resin. If its any importance I have a large 20 inch or so filter installed inline before the water softener
THE sticker on back of the unit states BLFC = 0.125 gpm
Current settings are
DF: GAL
VT: df2b
CT: Fd
C: 48
H: 31 (I read mixed reviews about adding 4 or 5 for every 1 part iron)
RS: rc
rc: 150
DO: 14
RT: 1:30 PM
B1: 10
BD: 60
B2: 5
RR: 10
BF: 20
FM: t1.2

Let me know if more information is needed. Looking for a good mix of salt efficiency and water quality based on my specific water hardness.
Thanks

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
As to efficiency, since you are using the softener for iron reduction at 2 ppm, you don't get to have salt efficiency. Unfortunately too many companies consider softening a good iron reduction idea without understanding the problems associated with it. it will work, it just will not be efficient. My recommendations are below.

DF: GAL
VT: df2b
CT: Fd
C: 36
H: 31
RS: cr
DO: 5
RT: 1:30 PM
B1: 10
BD: 60
B2: 3
RR: 5
BF: 32
FM: t1.2

Your original settings were not correct.

You should consider an iron reduction system ahead of the softener or at a minimum a chemical drip system in the brine tank.

Eliteconcept

Reaction score
Thank you for your expert input. Can you give me more information about iron reduction systems ... are you talking about the large tanks like my softener is now?
Would a iron removal filter is acceptable, would you suggest I remove my current 20 inch sediment filter and replace it with an iron filter? Or could i possibly find an iron filter to fit that current housing?

In terms of a chemical drip system, are you speaking specifically towards like res-care? Is there any large advantage of res-care over rust out? From what i can tell they are about the same

Last edited:

ditttohead

Reaction score
A system nearly identical to your existing system is ideal. I don't recommend the 7000 for iron reduction. The chemical drip system you show is a good one. This would be the minimum but there are better solutions.

If you use a KL system the 20" sediment filter would usually not be needed.

I would r
hydra.jpg
ecommend a Hydra Filter in its place as a junk catch ahead of all the equipment.

Eliteconcept

Reaction score
You'll have to excuse my ignorance here. What is a "KL system" ?
That hydra filter is interesting, I did a brief search on google but couldn't find much on that Hydra filter other than a lacklucker mfg website.

I'll get the res-care stuff for my system on order to get the minimum going.

ditttohead

Reaction score
The Hydra is a relatively new product line but so far it has exceeded our quality testing better then any filter weve tested that is a similar design. They are more expensive but the quality build is worth it.

Reach4

Reaction score
The Hydra is a relatively new product line but so far it has exceeded our quality testing better then any filter weve tested that is a similar design. They are more expensive but the quality build is worth it.
They call for disassembly and cleaning at least every 6 months. That seemed like a negative.

Eliteconcept

Reaction score
Those KL systems look like they take up a substantial amount of space, that i do not have. I really be hard pressed to have room a iron removal tank that is sized like my softener resin tank.

looks like for now I'll adjust my settings as suggested. And add in the res-cleaner drip system. and hope for the best lol

Eliteconcept

Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks