Fleck 7000, i'm a bad boy

Users who are viewing this thread

Fabricator

Reaction score
hello folks. i have an isssue, maybe.

i have a fleck 7000. the plastic fleck fitting that threads into the copper pipe fitting on the house pipe.
it is leaking a very little. i need to tighten this up. BUT, i i have neglected it for so long :( that there is copper corrosion on the copper fitting.

so,
1, do you think i could just tighten the fitting ? or is there something, idk even know what, that i need to be aware of ?

2, iirc, the plastic fleck fitting, where it inserts into the main body of the unit = that can just be turned ?
as in (if there is nothing wrong) i do not need to do anything but turn the plastic fitting ?

thanx. and i hope that made sense.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Depressurize your plumbing, push the fitting into the valve about 1/8" to release the red clip locking function. See my video below for details on this. Remove the plastic fitting from the copper and use a wire brush to clean the copper fitting. Re-tape the plastic fitting with Teflon tape and I would recommend a small amount of pipe dope. Reassemble and you will be fine.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks