Fleck 7000 / Clack Resin Tank Leak - Plumber Installation Problem or Defect

Users who are viewing this thread

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
I was referring to post 30.

As to lubricants... most all NBR, Butyl and other "rubber" O-rings should be lubed, silicone seals are water lubricated. Clacks intenal piston contact seals are silicone which do not use a lubricant, all other o-rings in the Clack valves can and should use lubricant. The right lubricant is critical, see the attached product bulletin from 2006. http://www.pentairwatertreatment.co...nt/Bulletins/529-Lubricants on Components.pdf , and again from 2001 http://www.pentairwatertreatment.co... Water Treatment/Bulletins/376-Lubricants.pdf

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
So many replies to the whole lube issue I was beginning to think I had logged on to the wrong site LOL

So nobody is surprised that I couldn't manage to destroy either a valve or a tank by grossly cranking on them?

I'm just about ready to start testing the whole mis-alignment thing too. I really expect the bypass to break the fitting on the valve head if anything at all but I wouldn't be surprised if I wind up hanging the whole tank on the assembly with no leaks or breakage at all. At least for a little while. Over time I have no doubt that something will give.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The biggest problem we have seen with tank neck cracks and valve failures is the lack of flexibility in the pipe. The tanks expand and contract significantly as the pressure rises and drops. Hard plumbing without any accommodation for this can lead to failures in time. All commercial equipment requires it. "NOTE: Flexible connections must be installed between hard piping and tank openings. Failure to install fl ex connection properly with the vessel will void the warranty."

We do that kind of testing on every valve we bring in, it is a lot of fun seeing what will break first.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks