Fleck 5810 xtr2 help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Braveheart

Reaction score
Hi there, I just installed a 1.5 cube Fleck 5810 xtr2. Noticed that it is set for 1 cube from factory? For the life of me, I have gone through all the master settings and can not find where to change to 1.5? I can review the settings and see its at 1 cube but wont let me edit or change it. Am I missing something? Set at 50 grains hard and only getting about 350 gallons before regen....Thanks in advance....

Reach4

Reaction score
EDIT: I wrote up stuff for SXT controller. I don't know how to program the XTR2. But somebody will, and you have posted the numbers that he will need.

Last edited:

Braveheart

Reaction score
We
City or well water? If well, what is the iron an manganese?

What is the hardness. Yes, you said you set the softener to 50, but was that including any compensation?

You know you will need to go to the Master Programming Mode for progamming, right?

Well water, 30 grains hard. Iron about 2 and managnese unknown. Was in Master settings as I have done before. Just cant seem to find the chargeable settings for capacity?

Braveheart

Reaction score
We

Well water, 30 grains hard. Iron about 2 and managnese unknown. Was in Master settings as I have done before. Just cant seem to find the chargeable settings for capacity?
It is a 1.5 cube softener, but controller is set to 1 cube from factory. Just need to get that changed to 1.5 cube so it will have more gallons go it through before regen...

Braveheart

Reaction score
OK, I just looked at the manual. Set the capacity in grains. Here is a table, and choose the line based on the salt usage. What I don't yet know is how to set the salt usage. Stay tuned. I might edit this if I think I figured that out

lb/cuft ; Capacity=
4 ; 22.8
5 ; 27.3
6 ; 30.0
7 ; 33.1
8 ; 36.0

9 ; 38.5
10 ; 40.5
11 ; 42.0
12 ; 43.1
13 ; 43.9
14 ; 44.6
15 ; 45.0

I have the manual and yes it doesn't say how to set salt or capacity, but it does show capacity under Valve on one of the tables...almost thinking this controller is not programmed right...I have installed many 1.5
OK, I just looked at the manual. Set the capacity in grains. Here is a table, and choose the line based on the salt usage. What I don't yet know is how to set the salt usage. Stay tuned. I might edit this if I think I figured that out.

EDIT... nope, I cannot figure it out. I wonder if you put 48000 as capacity, and the softener smarts derate it? Trying to understand what is going on from the Service Manual is frustrating.

So the Capacity tells how much resin, I think, but you would have to know the salt dose to know the actual capacity. That is why I am suspecting that you enter the nominal (fake) capacity, and the XTR2 wants to use its judgement. I still don't know.
OK, I just looked at the manual. Set the capacity in grains. Here is a table, and choose the line based on the salt usage. What I don't yet know is how to set the salt usage. Stay tuned. I might edit this if I think I figured that out.

EDIT... nope, I cannot figure it out. I wonder if you put 48000 as capacity, and the softener smarts derate it? Trying to understand what is going on from the Service Manual is frustrating.

So the Capacity tells how much resin, I think, but you would have to know the salt dose to know the actual capacity. That is why I am suspecting that you enter the nominal (fake) capacity, and the XTR2 wants to use its judgement. I still don't know.
Yes the manual sucks. Pretty sure if I can set it to 1.5, it will automatically figure out how much water to dump to brine tank and will set all other parameters accordingly...

Reach4

Reaction score
Make sure you have the 5810 xtr2 manual. URL above. See page 18.

See edits I made to #5.

Braveheart

Reaction score
OK, I just looked at the right manual. http://waterpurification.pentair.co...en/44020-5810-5812xtr2-rev-f-au17-digital.pdf

Set the Media Volume to 1.5 ft3.

Set the Salt Dosage to 8 initially, but you can switch down to 7 or 6 later if you like.
This is my issue, it wont let me change to 1.5? Where in master settings is this? I have gone through all of the master settings and can't seem to find where to change the capacity? I can review the master settings and see ita a 1 ft3 but can't change it?

Reach4

Reaction score
Did you do the Master Settings procedure at the bottom of page 10, and enter the password as listed in column 1 of page 11?

I'll bet that fixes it.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
LOL.

Changing the volume is very simple.

Go into MASTER programming. See below on how to get into it.

Push the "Gear" icon, then push it again on the next screen.

Password is 1201

Under the VALVE setting, second screen is the resin volume.

That's it. :)

Braveheart

Reaction score
LOL.

Changing the volume is very simple.

Go into MASTER programming. See below on how to get into it.

Push the "Gear" icon, then push it again on the next screen.

Password is 1201

Under the VALVE setting, second screen is the resin volume.

That's it. :)
Something really weird, last night it would not let me get into resin volume. Went back to customers house today and 15 secs its done?? Musta been a long day and human error lol.....thanks guys for your help...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks