Fleck 5810 Part Numbers

Users who are viewing this thread

RayN

Reaction score
Can somebody verify that the following part numbers are needed for constant draining issue @ the airgap. The is based on the video by Alan on YouTube and researching the forum. My unit was purchased in October of 2017 thru Custom Water Products and had been working flawless until few days ago when noticed water noise in the garage that was not going away and upon inspection saw the leaking of water in the airgap.

1. Replacement Piston, Seals, and Spacers 61956-01
2. O-ring Brine Valve 13302
3. Silicon grease for the O-rings

Asker123

Reaction score
Hi there,
I checked the manual page 16

Those are correct part numbers.
Do you not need Brine Valve itself? Its part number is 60016-01 and there is a Plug, Brine Valve (40947) that just sits below the Brine valve and below that is the O Ring 13302.
Perhaps Dittohead can tell whether you will need the Brine Valve and the plug or just the O Ring.

I am thinking to order these parts as well and keep ready when my thing fail.
Can experts over here please chime in and tell any other wear and tear items that one should keep spare?
This valve seems have been a problem child for many. Mine is running fine but its only 2 months ( 10 days Regen interval)

JasonG2020

Reaction score
I disassembled my 5810 for this issue yesterday. This the 3rd time I've had the issue in my 6.5 years of ownership. The first time, the installer replaced the valve at no charge. After that, he refused service and blamed it on the manufacturer, describing the issue as a product defect. I fixed it myself with the replacement parts. As far as I can tell, there are potentially two issues happening here.

(1) Spacer seals are swelling, leading to the binding of the main tank piston. When I disassembled it yesterday, there was no visible damage. But the piston was nigh impossible to move, even after the piston and spacer assembly had been taken from the tank.
(2) The seal lube is washing off over time, leading to excess friction and binding.

I suspect it may be a combination of both of these factors.

Either way, the issue results in the system continuously draining. The disassembly is not that bad, so I think I'm going to check on it every six months and see how well the piston is sliding in the spacer assembly. If it gets really stuck again, then I'll know those seals likely need to be replaced. I'd rather just add it to my maintenance rotation, along with HVAC filters, washer filters, etc. than to wait for it break. I'm glad I checked the assembly before ordering parts this time though.

Asker123

Reaction score
I disassembled my 5810 for this issue yesterday. This the 3rd time I've had the issue in my 6.5 years of ownership. The first time, the installer replaced the valve at no charge. After that, he refused service and blamed it on the manufacturer, describing the issue as a product defect. I fixed it myself with the replacement parts. As far as I can tell, there are potentially two issues happening here.

(1) Spacer seals are swelling, leading to the binding of the main tank piston. When I disassembled it yesterday, there was no visible damage. But the piston was nigh impossible to move, even after the piston and spacer assembly had been taken from the tank.
(2) The seal lube is washing off over time, leading to excess friction and binding.

I suspect it may be a combination of both of these factors.

Either way, the issue results in the system continuously draining. The disassembly is not that bad, so I think I'm going to check on it every six months and see how well the piston is sliding in the spacer assembly. If it gets really stuck again, then I'll know those seals likely need to be replaced. I'd rather just add it to my maintenance rotation, along with HVAC filters, washer filters, etc. than to wait for it break. I'm glad I checked the assembly before ordering parts this time though.
Thanks for commenting Jason
Did you took the valve completely off the softener or did this disassembly while valve was on?
Which part did you change? the Piston spacer kit?
Any comments on brine Valve?

JasonG2020

Reaction score
Thanks for commenting Jason
Did you took the valve completely off the softener or did this disassembly while valve was on?
Which part did you change? the Piston spacer kit?
Any comments on brine Valve?
I disassembled the valve assembly to the point where I could take the piston and spacer cage out.
No parts were changed. I just rinsed down the assembly and applied fresh lube to the piston and the spacer cage so the piston could move up and down freely.
The brine valve seemed to be in good condition. I didn't have any issues with it binding, and the o-ring seemed like it was ok, so I just reinstalled it without doing anything to it.
The last time I replaced the piston, the assembly was damaged. I think the piston is just getting stuck in the spacer cage as the lube washes away and perhaps more friction from the o-rings if they are expanding.

Asker123

Reaction score
Thats good to know. I am new to this and bit afraid to open the valve components. One school of thoughts is why touch something that is working but then seems like this kind of maintenance and lubrication can extend life of this valve.
What Lube did you use?

JasonG2020

Reaction score
Sorry for the late response. I used a generic NSF-61 approved lube from my local Ace Hardware. It's supposed to be approved for use in potable water systems.

Asker123

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I am trying to buy and keep some spare parts for my Fleck 5810 Valve. As the valve has been discontinued and parts might be difficult to find in future, I thought it will be good to stock on some items.
Here is my list. Any comments? Anything to add or remove form these? Thanks in advance...
1. Piston, Stack & Seal kit for Downflow water softener 61956-01 Quantity - 2
2. Brine valve assembly 60016-01 Quantity - 1
3. Plug, Brine Valve 40947-02 Quantity - 2
4. O-ring Brine Valve 13302-01 Quantity - 2
5. Fleck 1610 Injector Assembly , #1, white 61454-1 ( 14" & 16" Tank) Quantity - 1

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks