Fleck 5810 Discontinued? Next Best Alternative Valve? Clack WS1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Qualispec

Reaction score
I am in the market for a whole house backwashing carbon filter and water softener, both requiring valves.

Was initially looking to get those systems with the Fleck 5810 valve, but I was informed today that Fleck discontinued the 5810 earlier this year. Googling seemed to confirm this.

I am worried that purchasing a leftover system with the 5810 would put me in a situation where I wouldn't be able to get replacement parts during the life of the system (10 years)?

What's the best alternative valve - is it the Clack WS1?

Thanks!

Firethorne

Reaction score
I was literally writing another post of my super bad experience with Fleck 5810 XTR2. I am going back to 5600SXT. The touch screen panel of the 5810 was so hard to press, I tapped light, tapped medium, hard, it was frustrating to use. Stay away from 5810, good to know that it has been discontinued. Good riddance.

Vaig

Reaction score
I continue to have issues with the 5810 seal and spacer kit. The replacement seal kit I installed lasted 10 months until it stopped working. I have ordered another seal and spacer kit and hoping it would give me some more time before i switch out to a better system.
I have the same question as OP, could someone please suggest an alternative to 5810?

Offguard-2

Reaction score
I have been looking at the same thing but I have a 1.25" loop. I'm deciding between the WS125 and WS1. You can get an adapter for 1.25" from Clack even though the WS1 is a 1" valve.

Meat

Reaction score
I was looking for the same thing, was going to go with the 5810 until I saw they were discontinued, then found this site and all the bad reviews on it, guess it's a good thing I didn't get it. What else is out there with 1" valves? I was originally going to go with the Clack WS1 but it looks like you can't buy that one unless you are a licensed plumber.. Any suggestions? Does Fleck have a new valve to replace the 5810?

Reach4

Reaction score
Consider 2510SXT. It has good thruput, and is available with 1-inch input/output.

JasonG2020

Reaction score
I continue to have issues with the 5810 seal and spacer kit. The replacement seal kit I installed lasted 10 months until it stopped working. I have ordered another seal and spacer kit and hoping it would give me some more time before i switch out to a better system.
I have the same question as OP, could someone please suggest an alternative to 5810?
Same issue here with my 5810. Replaced the valve and seals twice already. Last replacement was two years ago. Now it's leaking again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks