Users who are viewing this thread

Frieda

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

With the help of this forum and the immense knowledge gained, I was able to buy a water softener and install it myself!

I am getting cloudy water 4/10 times I fill a glass of water. I assume this is still safe to drink as its just salt leaking into the water. I am trying to understand the cause of this.

Here are my current settings for this water softener. I am on city water without Iron and about 11 grains of hardness.
I have a Fleck 5800SXT 48k Grain softner programmed to 36k grains.

BLFC : 0.25
Injector #1 - white
cubic ft resin : 1.5
Raw hardness : 11-12 - no iron
Estimated gal/day ; 200 . (We average about 190-220 gallons a day)

Tank Size 10x54
Brine tank Size 11x11x32 (11x 11 at the bottom , 13 x 13 at the top)
Float adjusted so the water level is usually 11 inches from the bottom of the tank

DF = Gal
VT = 5800
RF = dF16
CT = Fd
C = 36
H = 12
RS = rc
RC = 210
DO = 22
RT = 3:00
BW = 8
Bd = 60
RR = 5
BF = 16
FM = P0.7
RE = OFF
VR = OFF

I want to confirm if these settings are correct or if there is something in here causing this salt leak into the system.

I can hear slight air noise during brine draw process. Could this be due to a bad connection, air is leaking into the system? There is no air in the water when using water after a regen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Frieda.

Reach4

Reaction score
Float adjusted so the water level is usually 11 inches from the bottom of the tank
Safety float should should not be the limiting factor for a fill. Instead the softener times the fill. The float should be adjusted to something higher, and its job is as a failsafe.
I want to confirm if these settings are correct or if there is something in here causing this salt leak into the system.
I approve except VT=5810. I don't know if that matters. With no iron, you could raise DO to 3o. However that is not likely to matter, unless you go on vacation.

A vacuum leak in the brine line connections could draw air in. You could slather the place where the brine line enters the valve body with shaving foam, and see if that gets sucked in in some place by the end of the brine draw cycle.

White injector is fine. I would prefer red, but it is a tiny difference. I expect your brine to get sucked out in about the first 13.2 minutes of the BD cycle.

And if you watch that glass of water, if air, expect the bottom to clear up first.

Frieda

Reaction score
Safety float should should not be the limiting factor for a fill. Instead the softener times the fill. The float should be adjusted to something higher, and its job is as a failsafe.

I approve except VT=5810. I don't know if that matters. With no iron, you could raise DO to 3o. However that is not likely to matter, unless you go on vacation.

A vacuum leak in the brine line connections could draw air in. You could slather the place where the brine line enters the valve body with shaving foam, and see if that gets sucked in in some place by the end of the brine draw cycle.

White injector is fine. I would prefer red, but it is a tiny difference. I expect your brine to get sucked out in about the first 13.2 minutes of the BD cycle.

And if you watch that glass of water, if air, expect the bottom to clear up first.

I will do this test and see if it gets sucked in along with adjusting the safety float to be a bit higher as a failsafe

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks