Fleck 5800 leaking water from drain port

Users who are viewing this thread

Gqflyaznguy

Reaction score
I currently have the fleck 5800 lxt valve. I recently started getting salty service water and tech support told me I needed to replace the piston and seals because there was water leaking from the drain port. There was about a drip every few seconds. So this weekend I installed a new piston and seals kit but I’m still having the same problem. I lubricated all the orings and piston before install. Is there anything else that could be causing the leaking water? Maybe the piston is not seating properly after regen?

Skyjumper

Reaction score
try cleaning or replacing the brine valve. its easy. although if the unit is clogged with iron it probably won't help. I don't think the brine valve will stop your drain line drip, but it should stop the salt in your water. there's a hidden o-ring under the brine valve make sure you check that too. aside from that, my advice would be to scrap the fleck and get a new softener with a clack valve. I have both and the clack is far superior.

Gqflyaznguy

Reaction score
try cleaning or replacing the brine valve. its easy. although if the unit is clogged with iron it probably won't help. I don't think the brine valve will stop your drain line drip, but it should stop the salt in your water. there's a hidden o-ring under the brine valve make sure you check that too. aside from that, my advice would be to scrap the fleck and get a new softener with a clack valve. I have both and the clack is far superior.

I did check the brine valve for debris and everything looked good along with the o ring underneath. I was told the piston and seals could cause salty water in service line also.

Skyjumper

Reaction score
I suppose you could have a problem with the rinse cyle and are not adequately rinsing the brine from the resin... I have no experience with that, so I can't tell you one way or another. you should be able to initiate a manul regeneration, skip past the brine draw, go right into rapid rinse and confirm if it is rinsing. finish the rinse, then skip the brine fill, put the unit back into service and check the water. that should only take 10-15 minutes.

did you already confim there is proper brine level in the brine tank?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks