Fleck 5600SXT vs. Iron Pro 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Afsaneh Khosravi

Reaction score
Hi,
I leave in chandler (Arizona). The hardness of our water is 21 grains per gallon. The highest iron content in our City is less than 0.3 PPM and the pH range is 7.2 to 8.2. we are looking to buy a water softener system for our house (family of three, 3000 ft2 with three bathrooms). would you please let me know which of the following sytems would be better option for us?
- Iron Pro 2 Combination water softener iron filter Fleck 5600SXT digital metered valve 64,000 grain
- Fleck 5600SXT 64,000 Grain Water Softener Digital SXT Metered Whole House System
Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
With city water, all of the ferrous iron will be gone by the time that it hits your house. A whole-house cartridge filter before the softener is good with city water. The softener should have 10% crosslinked resin for city water. For 3/4 pipes, the Fleck 5600SXT is good. However the Fleck 5800SXT is better for reasons that include it using softened water for brine fill.

Due to restrictions, the 5800 and 5810 are not listed with prices on the Internet. You should call and ask. Its like buying the better sinus tablets at the drug store. They are behind the counter. That's my metaphor, and it is partially tongue-in-cheek but largely accurate.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks