Fleck 5600sxt turbine meter not spinning

Users who are viewing this thread

JM1010

Reaction score
After having resolved with members help the "no brine draw" issue now I face one more hurdle to soft water: the flow meter is not working. I checked the sensor with a magnet and I see the flow indicator. The problem seems to be with the turbine itself. It is not stuck as I can turn it manually with a small screwdriver but when I blow into it it won't spin freely.

Is there a way to dismantle it to clean it or is the only option to buy a new one if high pressure water does not dislodge whatever is causing the shaft not to spin?

thanks again for your help.

Reach4

Reaction score
What was the nature of the crud you removed? Orange from iron?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Officially the turbine is not serviceable. But... if you look at the turbine assembly when it is removed you will notice that the internal spinning turbine is covered front and back by a cage. One of the cages is easily removed. Gently grab it with a pair of pliers... this would make a great video and depending on my travel schedule I will probably make a video of this next week and post it.

Once the cage is removed the turbine comes out and you will see magnets that tend to get some iron built up on them, this can cause the turbine to not spin freely. Clean and reassemble, and you should be good to go.

JM1010

Reaction score
I tried to remove the cage but it was not giving in easily and I was kind of guessing which side was removable. Afraid to break it I decided to try first to clean it under a strong water stream and it seemed to have done the trick for now. A quick video would be a great help to many dealing with this issue. Thanks again and have a nice weekend all!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks